facebook

letters

by: pnm

Which houses will cut you straight out for not having a letter of rec?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Most if not all   

National sororities require a recommendation on file before pref night to pledge a girl. If the PNM does make arrangements to get them then that means the sorority has to get them. With so many PNMs going through recruitment the chances of them taking the time and energy to track down a rec are very slim, especially for the older and larger sororities. That's why so many PNMs without a rec are cut right after the first round.

By: Most if not all
by: Most if not allJul 27, 2014 10:58:19 PM

Sorry - if the PNM does not make arrangements ...

By: Most if not all
#12  by: Logically    

Easiest to cut in my mind would be low grades and no rec, unless you're in an house legacy or have girls pulling hard for you. The first cut is always due to grades and girls that slip through the cracks, not knowing much about them... Or they know they don't want them. Not to scare you, the first cut isn't the biggest. I'd say the one between skit to preff. For preff a house knows you will be somewhere on there bid list no matter how low and have a chance of extending you a bid. Especially girls left with one house or quota additions for maximizing options.

By: Logically
by: HowJul 28, 2014 12:12:14 AM

do you avoid "slipping through the cracks"

By: How
by: Goody2Jul 28, 2014 4:40:26 PM

1) Have great grades
2) Have fantastic activities - have held offices in organizations, awards, honors
3) Have friends in the house
4) Have lots of alums promoting you
5) Be a knock-out beauty
6) Be rich as Croesus

By: Goody2
#13  by: Goody2   

I know why you're asking this. You're lazy, and you don't want to have to talk to a lot of people and beg for recs.
So....don't.
You'll be fine.
You won't get an Old Row group, but they'e not going to look at you anyway.
Just go and see what happens.

By: Goody2

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.