facebook

is it hard to get in a good frat as someone from fl

by:    

Im a senior in hs going to either bama or ole miss but probably bama and want to be in a good fraternity that has barely any northerners preferably none at all. I also want to be able to make connections with important people in alabama because I would like to live there after college but dont have the connections to own a business like my parents have down here. I know the old row frats are like that but ive also heard its basically impossible to get into one of them unless you went to the right high schools and know people in them and most of the pledge classes fill up before I would even get to alabama (Im starting summer probably but wouldnt be able to get up any time before then). I dont really have anything that would make me stand out compared to other guys there either. My parents both make like 200k a year so not poor but also not like elon musk or nba youngboy or anything. The only thing I think I could really brag about is that my mom held a pretty high position working for my states old governor but I dont even know if that would be that impressive to them. Basically just wondering if I have any chance to get into a somewhat good fraternity up there and any help or suggestions would be great. thanks

Posted By: roll tide fn
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Go to theta chi we don’t want you.

By: Old row
by: 🤣   

Kid definitely isn’t in old row and doesn’t even know what old row is 🤣

By: 🤣
#2by:    

do not seek out 'old row' - they aren't the popular guys at all and you don't want to be in a fraternity that's just an extension of some local Ala high school. Look into Kappa Sig - they think they are impressive just because their nationals won the bid on the brand new house. They are not old money and used to pledge a lot of rich northerners - but their new mission is 'no one above the Mason-Dixon line' so you're good!

By: new row

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

Wow, you definitely going about this the wrong way and have incorrect perception of fraternities and clout within the state.

First, it is not just old row but any house on University and Jefferson you need to make early connections as lot of Fraternities fill their quotas early.

Second, wealth is not the key to Old Row. In fact their is a lot more in non-old row.

Third, your diatribe just shut you out of any top house as you just admitted that you want to use them and not offer any example of what you bring to the table.

Fourth, you also insulted them as every house has northern members and from all over the US. Over 50% of every incoming freshmen class is from out of state and many are not from the traditional old south. The rush chair from an old row house maybe one of them.

Here is my advice: Send an email to ALL the fraternity rush contacts, introduce yourself politely and let them know you are interested in joining a fraternity. Ask to be included on an invite list for spring and summer rush events. You will need to make an effort and visit them. They will not bid you blindly.

By: Wrong Way

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.