facebook

Let the truth be told, this is all until 2025

by: The Beat

Alpha Delta Pi- they have worked so hard to compete with Kappa Delta for domination of the south, they lost their grits this year. They missed quota and had to go onto COB. Reputation, down. They better stop following and start leading with their own values. Southern girls don't make up the entirety of rush.

Kappa Delta- A perceived good house, don't get me wrong, but pretty darn near impossible to get into unless you are from the south, mainly Alabama. An extension of high school cliques. And if you are OOS, you don't want to be in a clique with a bunch of Bama girls who already know each other and don't give you the time of day. So if you're a popular high school girl from Alabama, go KD!

House rankings post recruitment:
Alpha Chi Omega
Phi Mu
Chi Omega
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Delta Delta Delta
Kappa Delta
Alpha Gamma Delta
Pi Beta Phi
Kappa Alpha Theta
Alpha Omicron Pi
Alpha Delta Pi (lowered for COB)
Zeta Tau Alpha (lowered for reputation)
Delta Gamma (lowered for COB)
Alpha Phi (lowered for COB)
Delta Zeta
Gamma Phi Beta (lowered for COB)
Sigma Kappa (reputation now in play as well as COB)

Posted By: The Beat
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Bamaaaaaa   

I agree, AXO should not be that high. They did in fact lose a LOT of the top PNMs. Here’s who got the best 2024 pledge classes:

Chi Omega, surprised me
Zeta, believe it or not!!
Phi Mu, got a lot of cheerleaders, pageant winners, and Bama dance team members
Kappa Delta, not a fan but I’ll admit it

Rest of old row….. not so much.

By: Bamaaaaaa
#12  by: ABC   

Some of these are way off.

XO - only got top pnms that KD dropped, lost a lot to other OR houses, they did better than last year but it was another fairly weak year

Zeta - kind of meh especially with all they put into social media

PM - always kills it with the cheer and dance girls but they lost a lot of the non-cheer girls to other houses

KD - they only go after one type so they got those but overall not a great class

KKG and DDD - took a lot and I mean a lot of QRs

AXO - got most of who they wanted, won some but also lost some with other OR houses

AGD - not their best year

By: ABC
#13  by: The real truth   

If the truth actually be told no one swept but everyone got a strong pledge class. There were a lot of great girls who rushed this year. Every house got some that other houses wanted and lost some to other houses. The other truth is you won't know for sure how great a pledge class is for over a year.

By: The real truth
#14  by: Honestly    

I think this year saw a much greater leveling of the"tiers". Let's face it, Bama has a ton of great girls and a ton of great houses. This year pnm's really followed their hearts. A lot did not buy into the this is a top house and this is a bottom house. Being in a house that you love, it what is best for the entire Greek system. Going forward houses need to stop trying to rank themselves on GR and we are need to just be glad we all had a great rush!!

By: Honestly
#15  by: Dumb   

There is a post like this every year and it's really dumb because every house has a different personality so you can't really compare. They all only rush a handful of the same people because houses drop who they know isn't going to pledge them.Even some of the "lower tier" houses smartly dropped girls they knew weren't going to pledge them this year and concentrated on the ones that had a shot with. That stragety appeared to work and they got great girls.

KD - they only go after a specific personality and zip code. They get most of them but it is why besides those girls no one considers them that great and they are considered bottom of OR unless you are from their preffered zip code. They struggle getting the few they cross rush with other OR except XO.

AXO/AGD - you can forget getting in these houses if you have a bad rep or low gpa. They cross rush a few girls with other OR houses and win/lose some but there is a reason their retention is so high. Both got the majority of who they wanted this year so saying they didn't get a good pledge class is just not accurate. Both did lose some to other mainly OR houses like they do every year but they evened it out with the ones they won.

PM - they get a lot of the cheer/dance girls and often have their pick with OOS. They get a lot of certain Alabama high schools but they also lose a ton. The Zeta/PM cross rush thing doesn't happen as much as it use to.

XO - they are such a weird mix. It is true they get a lot of the ones that get cut by KD but they also cross rush a little with AXO/AGD/many NR houses. They split the AGD/AXO ones and get most of the NR ones.

Zeta - they are much less competitive with OR than they try to make it. They were my surprise of the year. They may have overdone the social media thing.

KKG/DDD - good houses that take way too many QR's that other houses drop. That is a fact. It's also a fact they are houses PNMs like in rush.

No house ever gets every PNM they rush and they never lose every one. Most rushed specific girls that fit their house personality and most got the majority of them. I wouldn't say any house had a better rush than another because they just didn't go for many of the same PNMs. Fortunately there wasn't a shortage of great girls this year.

By: Dumb

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.