facebook

Did I make the wrong choice

by: :(

On pref day I had SK and theta. I preferred SK over them because of the weird feeling I got at theta.

Did I mess up? I’m starting to feel like maybe I should’ve had theta first

Posted By: :(
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Bama sorority mom   

My advice to you is go all in to SK for now. Spend time at the house, get to know your PNM class, make friends...dive in. If you just don't think it's the right place for you when it comes time for initiation, don't go through it. Then, you can try rush again next year. If you initiate, you won't be able to pledge another house ever. But you might find that you love your new sisters and decode to stay.

By: Bama sorority mom
#2  by: Honestly   

Neither are great choices but you probably did.. All you can do now is try to enjoy SK before initiation. If you like it by then, stay but if you don’t, the sooner you drop the better and you can just rush again.

By: Honestly
by: WowAug 21, 2024 10:24:47 AM

Girl if you had the good feelings stay! School hasn’t even started yet. Get settled in. My best advice is to go to all the events you can and really work on getting to know the girls. It’s uncommon to find your “group” within your sorority straight away on bid day. And don’t let anyone tell you to rush again because it’s a “bottom house”. Houses really don’t matter, what matters is if you can be yourself in one. And there are no weak sororities at Bama. SK I think is finishing their house next year? Not sure but I think it’ll be soon. Once they have that it really won’t be much different from sorority to sorority. You have to go where you feel the most comfy. Good luck!

By: Wow
by: That was cruelAug 21, 2024 11:02:05 AM

“honesty” you didn’t have to say that.

By: That was cruel
#3  by: ????   

What a jacked up thing to say. Theta was giving her weird vibes that’s valid. People have ranked sororities lower for less.
SK was so excited to have you on bid day they loved their new members. (And also you are bound to your bid now for 1 year so your options are SK new member period or GDI). The bid day come down is real and girls in all the sororities will feel it soon. Keep the momentum going and bond with your member class and enjoy your new member period. And if you get to October/November and want to drop out before initiation just know that’s a totally valid option.

By: ????
#4  by: Nah   

IMO they are very similar. Most people end up with 2 pretty similar sororities in the end anyways.

Also, it’s not too late bc you have a couple months. The time will pass anyways so spend your uninitiated time testing the waters and seeing if it’s right for you. Remember you are only committing to a sorority once you actually go through the Initiation.

By: Nah
#5  by: k   

Stick with SK. Theta has a long history of being lowest at bama. At least SK is new with no lowest reputation.

By: k
by: Hmmm....Aug 21, 2024 10:32:46 AM

On GR Theta is ranked lower but on campus Theta has the same reputation as DZ and Gphi. Alot of people would consider them more socially relevant than DG and AOpi and a lot more respectful than Aphi. Their swap pairings just need to improve. Not a Theta but know a lot of Thetas and they are super nice and cute. GR is determined by out of touch, old people. In their mind, OR is still the holy grail for every PNM.

By: Hmmm....
#6  by: honestly   

I only went to both for philanthropy but I liked SK more. It may have been I was paired better there. I know the rankings but the SK girl I had was cute and normal.

By: honestly
#7  by: Dont get sucked in   

This a troll to try to bash both houses.

By: Dont get sucked in
#8  by: Give it a try    

SK had a good PNM class. I’m not sure why all the SK bashing today. They are new and have had two good classes in a row. Also, it’s very natural to have confusion after bid day. All the hype is gone and now you actually have to meet new people. Stick it out and if you aren’t clicking by initiation, then drop.

By: Give it a try

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.