facebook

SK pauses building a new house

by:    

According to the Wall Street Journal, Alabama’s Sigma Kappa chapter paused its plans for a new, roughly $24.7 million house, according to university documents. The price tag would have set a record for the nation, but a university spokesperson said the project was paused because it had become too pricey due to inflation.

Posted By: SusiQ
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

The lowest of low tier AND no big house? They’re so cooked. Who is going to pledge them now with no incentive?

By: Womp
by: Nice   

Feel better about yourself now??

By: Nice
by: I mean   

They’re not wrong though lol. No house, low rep for now, and SK is not as nationally known compared to others. What do they have to offer at this point? Good luck to them, but Bama Greek Life is cut-throat.

By: I mean
by: B.Y.   

OP comment is harsh butttttttt they were kind of riding the coat-tails hard on this new house and thinking it would be their saving grace. Hope this wasn’t a talking point they used with PNMs!

By: B.Y.
by: AT   

Wow! Do you feel better about yourself now? Every house has value and you just told us a lot about you.

By: AT
by: ^   

^ Sure all houses have ‘some’ value. However if one has a top reputation, a beautiful house, beautiful pledge classes, swaps with the best fraternities then obviously it’s going to be exponentially more valuable than others. Let’s stop pandering to this idea that “everywhere is so special & sweet in its own way 🫶” when the reality is that you will have a better experience overall and even be treated by others better depending on who you are affiliated with. That’s the real world. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

By: ^
#2by:    

I hate that for them. I really hope they are still able to get their house!

By: Hope
#3by:    

This could not have come at a worse time but at least it wasn’t before rush??

By: Ouch

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

when will it be done

By: mmm
by: sista   

It’s not even started that’s the problem costs are too high now.

By: sista
#5by:    

They need to shop multiple construction companies. Interest rates will drop throughout fall too. Also, maybe it should be scaled back a little bit.

By: Nah
#6by:    

So what is going to happen to where there new house was going to be? The construction is still kind of there. It’s an eyesore.

By: Um
by: No it’s not    

Clearly you havnt been on campus for a while. It’s a nice little park area. They took down all the fences, laid sod and put in a sidewalk.

By: No it’s not
#7by:    

Maybe when they restart they can reconsider the building plans— no offense to the girls at all but the renderings were really unattractive.

By: X
by: Yuh   

It really sucks to hear this for them but I agree, maybe they can get one that has a little better style

By: Yuh
#8by:    

Yikes

By: 😬
#9by:    

SK spent this past year on here constantly bragging about this house, how it’ll be the most expensive on campus even though it was going to be 5 years to build, blah blah blah then this happens and CRICKETS 🤣

By: Awkward…..
by: Yep!!   

I noticed this too. They self-posted about this house constantly with mountains of up-votes but now all these comments are “well the renderings weren’t that nice anyways..” and “maybe it should be scaled back..” ????

It’s giving sour grapes. I hope Sigma Kappa learned a valuable lesson about evil eye.

By: Yep!!
by: What??   

I’m not SK but never once was there any posting much less “constant posting “. You’re a troll looking for drama. Go away. Ole Miss is in the middle of recruitment right now. Go check them out!

By: What??
by: womp womp   

^ oh really? Because I just bumped a bunch for you. Feel free to fact check how wrong you are. Let’s get this resurfacing again 👌

By: womp womp
by: Psycho   

2 from 2022, 1 from 2023, and a couple from 2024 all asking about the status of the house is considered “constant bragging” ? There were more posts than that yesterday alone hyping several houses. You have serious self esteem issues.

By: Psycho
by: Ok   

^ and would you like me to continue? Bc there are plenty more I can bump and I have time today. Don’t play with us, SK LOL

By: Ok
by: ????   

You have way too much time on your hands to be weeding through years old posts on this website to bump. You’re a little obsessed and it’s creepy.

By: ????
#10by:    

They really screwed their New Members with this.

By: wow

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.