facebook

Dropped After Pref

by: Confused

Hi everyone , I was so excited to see that I was invited back to my favorite house for pref and afterwards , I suicide bid (the other house did not express that they actually wanted me and we never clicked , but I somehow I kept getting invited back) and did not make the cut at my top choice. I thanked the girl who rushed me for pref and she was extremely confused how I didn’t make the cut and said that I can COB. She seems genuine about it too - my socials are clean , I have a 4.0 , very involved so I’m just unsure … Is there a part of the process that could’ve screwed me with this? I just want peace of mind. Thank you !

Posted By: Confused
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: D   

If you were not extended a bid by anyone on bidday, then you can cob.
The suicide bid you did probably cost you a spot in your desired chapter because it makes ineligible to be a QA.

By: D
by: XxxAug 19, 2024 6:30:12 PM

If you suicide bid but get released you are eligible to COB.

By: Xxx
by: DAug 19, 2024 7:36:16 PM

Yeah I said they weren’t eligible for being a QA, quota addition.

By: D
#2  by: First of all    

Is the house in question on the COB list?

By: First of all
#3  by: t   

If is Theta, you are out of luck apparently for cob.

By: t
#4  by: A   

Unfortunately the suicide bid probably hurt you because the PNMs who maximized their options will be placed before PNMs who suicided, even if they were lower on the bid list.

By: A
by: Not true Aug 19, 2024 7:10:40 PM

If you are listed on the bid list before the chapter achieves quota, you get a bid. SIP/ Suicide or not.
If you maximize your options and are not listed high enough on either bid list before those chapters reach quota. You will become a quota addition for one of those two houses. You do not displace PNMs who SIP /suicide .

By: Not true
by: ^^^Aug 19, 2024 7:42:54 PM

This is true, once the chapters have turned in their ranked bid list there is nothing that can change their rankings. If a house ranks a pnm high enough to match for a bid then she matches, SIP or not.

There's no punishment for only ranking one of two, only the risk involved if it doesn't work out. SIP is a valid option, and an honest one, for some PNM's.

By: ^^^
by: RocksAug 20, 2024 8:01:23 AM

I agree with you that it’s not a “punishment” but the system works that if you do no rank both houses you are ineligible from being a quota addition to the house you ranked. So if that is the case you have to make sure you were the top 131 (this years quota) girls on the bid list for whoever you single preffed. If you were too low on their list no bid for you. Had you ranked both your houses with your fav still at #1 there’s a high probability that you would be a quota addition to your #1.

By: Rocks
by: ^^^Aug 20, 2024 9:39:03 AM

True, but the post above made it seem like a pnm would be skipped over in bid matching up to quota as a penalty for having SIP'd, which is not the case. And quota additions come after bid matching, a different thing. It's true you make your choices and you take your chances for SIP for sure.

By: ^^^
#5  by: eh   

I'm sorry that happened to you and since you made it to pref I'm sure the house you loved wanted you as well. They likely reached quota before your name on the list. If they were a highly desired house this year many of their list may have put them as number one. Sometimes people just slip through the cracks and that's why COB is a thing. Good luck! I hope it works out.

By: eh
#6  by: sorry   

So sorry

By: sorry

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.