facebook

Social media presence rule?

by: Chronicallyoffline

My sister goes to this school and is in an OR sorority. Bama rush is all over tiktok right now and I was asking her why I don’t see her sorority posting really at all.

The only point she made to me that made sense was that girls who are very active/personal on social media can be potential risks for exposing chapter rituals/traditions, or trying to paint a narrative that casts the chapter in a negative light. This was the only reasoning my sister gave me that made sense, but who’s to say a girl who isn’t online much & has a bad experience can’t do the same thing?

My counter argument to my sister and to you: first to say that the majority of girls in their early 20s don’t care about social media (ig, tt, etc.) would be bs. I went to a date party with my sister and the first literal hour was girl taking pics of each other for Instagram.

Second, social media as a platform has shown it can be lucrative. Financially why wouldn’t y’all want to take advantage of this, or even chapters, for more $$ to plan extra cool events. Or for philanthropy.

Third, the realm of social media/having a platform helps garner influence and relevancy. Yes it is different attending the school in person, but people spend the majority of their time on their phones & on socials, so why not take advantage of this? The influence a chapter has (on campus, with brands, with nationals, etc.) could be significantly increased if they made the right moves with their socials and hit a jackpot.

WHY NOT DO THIS????

Posted By: Chronicallyoffline
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Self serving    

Sororities do not exist so that you can increase your influencer/social media base.

And they do not exist so that someone can do a documentary and make money off their existence. And they are not reality tv.

At a minimum, that is self serving and can potentially be a conflict of interest problem with nationals.

Sororities are private organizations and that is their privilege, legally and in every other way. They are not here to entertain you.

By: Self serving
#2  by: Ick   

Grow up. It takes away the exclusivity when everyone can learn everything about the sorority.. and makes the situation we are in now when any 40yr mom on TT thinks they know who should go where and give opinions on our sisterhood. It’s creepy.

By: Ick

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.