DZ/GPHI - good classes for them, but not as good as the line above
DG/AOPI - great classes for both, they could easily be up a row
THETA
SK

Posted By: REAL
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 3
#1  by: Chicago pizza    

AGD average according to who ? They had an amazing class and got almost every girl they wanted. No one gets 100 percent. They even got an In house sister of a KKG. I have no clue anyone that even went DDD and PM rush class was awful. Zeta did great. GPhi came back on the scene and ADPi did ok. KD has fallen like a ton of bricks - too much scandal.

By: Chicago pizza
by: GirlAug 19, 2024 2:21:28 PM

Please stop defending AGD. It’s so obvious.

By: Girl
by: OkAug 19, 2024 6:01:54 PM

Typically AGD comment. Sorry but your pledge class was not all that and everyone you tried to insult did better than you did.

By: Ok
by: AgreeAug 19, 2024 10:49:46 PM

Yes AGD pledge class was great. ADPi and PiPhi was great too. Zeta like usual - got a lot of tik tok girls but overall they are Bama’s top house - like it or not everyone.

By: Agree
by: LolAug 21, 2024 6:54:14 AM

KKG got a sister of in-house AGD. Check your facts.

By: Lol
by: SwapAug 21, 2024 4:08:25 PM

KKG did get an In house sister and AGD got one of theirs so check YOUr facts!

By: Swap
by: HaAug 21, 2024 5:39:25 PM

An in house sister steal isn’t the flex you are making it. Sisters pledge different houses all the time especially if they are different personalities and trust me if a KKG sister pledged AGD or vice versa they have very different personalities.

By: Ha
#2  by: funny   

if aphi and adpi had such great recruitment why are they doing cob?

By: funny
by: yesAug 19, 2024 2:55:08 PM

again!

By: yes
by: New?Aug 19, 2024 2:59:20 PM

Is the new list of who is participating out yet?

By: New?
by: yesAug 19, 2024 3:05:46 PM

on the pan site.

by: &Aug 19, 2024 3:09:47 PM

It's REAL. Really REAL. Really REALLY REAL.

By: &
by: InterestingAug 19, 2024 3:21:54 PM

Apparently KAT, DZ, AOPi are not participating.

Even if sororities are eligible they may not want referrals from panhel. They just have some quiet events.

Last year Piphi was on the list for about 4 days before they got their name off.

Zeta just came off the eligible list for 2024. APHI nationals makes them cob if they are even 1 below campus total which is 443 I think.

KAT only had 375 in the spring and then their seniors graduated so I guess they are going with a quiet process or just not adding any new members?

By: Interesting
by: Because Aug 19, 2024 3:33:12 PM

COB isn’t about recruitment which has a quota, but about overall chapter total which takes into consideration graduating seniors, transfers, etc. Some nationals push chapters to do COB even if they’re only 1 or 2 below total.

By: Because
by: nopeAug 19, 2024 3:34:23 PM

interesting Every house that is below total and eligible is listed by Panhellenic. Those houses can chose to participate or not. There is no secret quiet process. KAT, DZ, AOPi were not eligible. Tell us you don't go to school here without telling us you don't go to school here.

By: nope
by: NoAug 19, 2024 3:42:10 PM

There is a quiet process. Sororities, if they are eligible, can not do cob officially and just have some pnms over for lunch etc., and eventually bid them. Very common practice actually.

What this means is that KAT and AOPI, DZ, and maybe some others don't want any referral from panhel i.e. sign-ups.

There is a stigma to being on the cob list so I guess this is a new marketing strategy?

By: No
by: nopeAug 19, 2024 4:02:43 PM

That's how COB is done when a house is eligible. No house can do COB without being eligible even quietly. Some are on there every semester.

By: nope
by: reallyAug 21, 2024 9:13:51 AM

Theta had a sweep so no they do not COB. I am a Theta. Quit assuming!

By: really
#3  by: Gurl    

Girl - I’m not sure what’s obvious other than whoever made the OP is an idiot and a wanna be who prob doesn’t even go to Bama. Haters are insane.

By: Gurl
by: yesAug 19, 2024 4:59:10 PM

it's amazing how many people are commenting and don't know what they are talking about. they don't go to bama and don't even know where to look for the facts.

#4  by: d   

Pi Phi got their name removed last year. Some groups don't want the stigma.

The list has lost value now. If some groups are not officially participating through panhel then there is no way to gauge anything.

The only real measure will be the next academic report that come out in Jan 2025.

By: d
by: ??Aug 19, 2024 4:52:44 PM

That was last spring. Pi Phi did not add a single new member in spring and was at total they had 453 members at the end of the semester. Pi Phi wasn't eligible.

APhi added 16 new members last spring and still ended spring with only 414 members still not at total. Those new members had a GPA of 2.35 so if their nationals is pressuring them it's not about being 1 under total.

You can check facts and gauge things on the grade reports every semester.

By: ??
by: eAug 19, 2024 5:27:00 PM

Who is talking about Aphi gpa? They have let their name go on the cob list.

Gamma Phi and Aphi have only a few spots open so they are just missing ceiling. Apparently these two groups are less worried about stigma and more about maybe finding a few really great girls.

By: e
by: Fall 2023Aug 19, 2024 5:31:45 PM

Pi Phi was on the panhellenic cob eligible list for about 4 days after recruitment. People can check the threads on this site. After a few days Pi Phi was off the list. Maybe they snapped some people? I have no idea. And yes, in the spring they were not on the list.

By: Fall 2023
by: ?Aug 19, 2024 11:25:45 PM

at e You wouldn't know how many spots either APhi or GPhi have open. If you went to school here, you would know that APhi is eligible for COB every single semester. This is nothing new. APhi constantly loses members so they are constantly replacing them (lots of them) and never reach total.

By: ?
by: at dAug 19, 2024 11:32:40 PM

The names of the houses were taken down when they reached total last year. Pi Phi doesn't have any stigma about struggling to reach total. You can check the "academic report" (we call it the grade report here) going back years to see membership numbers.

By: at d
by: HmmmAug 21, 2024 1:38:49 PM

APhi come and get your girl again! Someone’s upset that yall are on the list again.

By: Hmmm
#5  by: History Major   

I'm sorry Theta isn't doing COB. They did get an amazing PC, but if they are below total, I know of a cou0le of young women who are interestwd in Theta.

By: History Major
by: AgreeAug 19, 2024 4:32:18 PM

I think Theta is a great group and should it official that they will consider new members. I penciled it out and they are most probably at least 25 under ceiling even with getting quota. I think it is a mistake not to add their name to the list just in case there is someone who doesn't already know any Thetas to approach.

The cob list is only a measure now of houses that are at least 1 below ceiling and who let their name be listed - and not much else.

By: Agree
by: checkAug 19, 2024 4:56:42 PM

the grade reports for facts since you don't know how it works here. theta got quota plus quota additions. you must not know about those either.

By: check
by: hmAug 19, 2024 5:01:35 PM

did you pencil in quota additions? no, because you don't know about quota additions.

By: hm
by: sAug 19, 2024 5:14:51 PM

Ok Theta how many new members you got. No one has a crystal ball. Also, no one thinks you are at or over ceiling.

But hey - your choice to add your name to the official cob list or not.

By: s
by: To sAug 19, 2024 5:35:03 PM

You need some help with the math. First, your figures are not valid, since total is reset after recruitment. It's not how many were members at the end of spring, it's how many return for fall. You don't have that number.

Second, you are apparently unaware of quota additions which are added to quota. The number of actives returning + the new class = total membership. You don't have either of the addends so you cannot have the sum.

Use that pencil to write on topics you understand. Theta is not eligible for COB. There is no reason to assume that these houses are doing anything sneaky,they just had great recruitment. Good for them! The Greek system gets stronger.

By: To s
by: OkAug 19, 2024 6:11:58 PM

Ok Theta, if you say so.

Everyone will know after the Fall Greek report anyway. Meanwhile GPhi and Aphi are openly accepting inquiries.

By: Ok
by: FunnyAug 19, 2024 6:15:00 PM

Aphi is moving on to bashing Theta now. Go back to bashing PiPhi, ZTA, and GPhi please.

By: Funny
#6  by: Not accurate   

Theta had another great new member class. 4th year in a row. Ranking them second to the bottom is BS.

By: Not accurate
by: yeapAug 21, 2024 9:20:30 AM

some of these other houses refuse to think they are above them when they are indeed are! It makes them feel better.

By: yeap
#7  by: .   

DDD super average compared to last year. AXO super mid. Lost girls to PM and XO. PM up a lot from last year, ZTA same as always, pretty from far away, not so much close up. XO, 2 great years and running, GPB looks like they got some of AP girls. ADP looks stronger and PBP, just eh. The rest, same as always

By: .
by: dAug 19, 2024 5:02:55 PM

APhi joined old row and cut back on social media girlies. Their cuts went to Zeta, Gphi, Piphi. They got burned so only took a few top.

By: d
by: ….,Aug 19, 2024 5:07:24 PM

I agree with XO and GPhi and also think Kappa, Adpi, and PiPhi all did really well. Does anyone else think PM is struggling? They used to be the top of the row but the past few years they’re new member classes seem more like AGD to me. What’s going on over there?

By: ….,
by: MarthaAug 20, 2024 6:54:00 AM

Phi mu is thrilled with their class. They went for pretty/sweet/smart/involved and got it across the board. They do not want to be in the hot/influencer looking group at all.

By: Martha
by: Ehhh???Aug 20, 2024 11:31:35 AM

Slow your roll Martha. PM took multiple TT girls.

By: Ehhh???
by: issue Aug 28, 2024 12:42:50 PM

funny how these ranks are based on local mothers that only count private school girls or Mt Brook/ Vestavia as a good pledge class. Hate to break it to you mothers but nationwide there are great public schools that have wonderful girls. Alabama mothers are so sheltered.

By: issue
#8  by: Damage control   

Gphi, ZTA, and PiPhi did not take the Aphi rejects. That’s comical. Those 3 houses had a great rush. If Aphi is changing their target PNM then it will show come January. Update us then please.

By: Damage control
by: zAug 19, 2024 6:20:49 PM

No one said all Aphi drops went Zeta, PiPhi, GPhi. It was high profile social medias that they dropped - just like old row. Kept a few only.

By: z
by: Drink waterAug 19, 2024 6:25:31 PM

Aphi are you drunk? You literally said it verbatim 2 posts up. You took plenty of TT girlies.Go take a nap and good luck this semester.

By: Drink water
#9  by: Ag   

Phi Mu had the best pledge class in 2 years

By: Ag
by: MarthaAug 20, 2024 6:56:01 AM

Agree. Very naturally pretty girls.

By: Martha
by: lol Aug 20, 2024 9:42:04 PM

Laughing so hard. No. Just no.

By: lol
#10  by: AOPi 2024   

AOPi did well this year.

By: AOPi 2024
by: Agree!Aug 19, 2024 6:29:44 PM

Yep! I think so too! They had a great work week also.

By: Agree!
by: ShockedAug 19, 2024 7:14:00 PM

I was surprised by aopi too. Good for them

By: Shocked

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.