facebook

what is the true rep of sk?

by:    

with today being pref, sk is the house i got back. i am curious to know if they are treated differently than a “top” sorority? i am considering dropping and doing cob, but id really like to experience bid day. im looking for advice and general info about sk and am trying to keep an open mind.

Posted By: bamagirl
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Sweet girls and a great sisterhood. If you would use them for bid day and then drop-you don’t deserve them.

By: Dddddddd
by: bamagirl   

that was not my intention whatsoever, sorry if i made it seem that way! the girls i have talked to have been sooo sweet and genuine! i just know that the girls have been so rude to them on purpose and when on the recruiting side idk if i could deal with that!

By: bamagirl
#2by:    

Do not take the bait.

By: Troll post

sorry, what bait? i am just genuinely curious :)

#3by:    

They’re literally fine. No one is like bullying SK anywhere except loser alums and TT stalkers. They had a presence what like 50 years ago? That’s a long time to be away but they have a history and alum base that’s been sweet to see. Pretty soon there’s going to be a class of freshmen who never knew a time before SK came back.
The girls who are in SK are there for a reason they love their chapter clearly and enjoy it. Why else would they pay dues to be a part of it? If you are extended a bid by them go enjoy bid day! You won’t regret celebrating bid day and if you find you don’t mesh during the new member period you don’t have an obligation to stay in it. Once you’re initiated that’s another process. For now enjoy pref, and if you’re lucky enjoy bid day!!

By: Fine

thank you very much for your insight! i really appreciate it!

by: Kslsmans   

Not even 50 years ago. They were here in the 90s.

By: Kslsmans
#4by:    

The best advice would be to go to pref and talk to the PNMs going to that party. Those will be the girls u will be spending the next 4 years with. If they seem like a group u would be friends w, go sk! Good luck

By: ???

thank you very much, i appreciate the advice.

#5by:    

they are not the most popular house but people only care about rankings as underclassmen. guys in top frats might look down on your sorority but tbh you wouldn’t want to get with guys like that anyways lol

vibing and connecting with both actives and pnms in your parties is what is most important!!!!! if you like SK, give it a shot!!! you can always drop before initiation and re-rush if it’s not what you expected. best of luck 😘

By: Facts

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

thank you for the advice, it is appreciated!

#6by:    

SK is a good house. They are just new and are just building their foundation. The girls are sweet and they are only getting stronger every year. If you want a genuine sorority experience based on sisterhood, give them a shot. Like they said before, if you don’t click, don’t get initiated, but I think you should give it a try.

By: Give it a try

thank you very much for the advice, it is much appreciated!

#7by:    

SK girls are sweet and genuine. The group is building as they have only been on campus for a short time. Involved and work hard. You would be lucky to join the great group.

By: RTRBamaRTR
#8by:    

Sk is a great sorority. They have really genuine girls and no one on campus cares which house you’re in after the first month of freshman year. Please give them a chance. They’re also getting a brand new house so that’s awesome!

By: Alum
#9by:    

Using them for bid day is not cool and what would you get out of it? All pics would be SK related. If you don’t want SK just drop and experience bid day next year with whatever sorority you get if you are offered another. SK is a good house and they’re getting their mansion so soon. They will not be “bottom of the bottom” once they get the mansion- that’s one of the only things holding them back imo. Girls see the house and automatically rule them out. If you COB there’s a good chance they might be your only option anyway.

By: Kslsmans
#10by:    

The only issue is "stereotyping" based on the fact that they very recently came back to campus. At first, no one wanted to join because there were like 20 girls and it wasn't the same as the other sororities but at this point it's not any different than the others

By: anon

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.