facebook

You should all be shamed of yourselves.

by: Tina

My daughter has been dropped from every sorority. What in the world are the requirements to be in these organizations because this is just not making sense? She has a 4.0 GPA, marching band, volunteer, beautiful. Oh, I guess the only thing is that she’s from out of state which I suppose is a big deal. Ridiculous! Let’s get with the times, people. You’ve missed out on a great person and friend.

Posted By: Tina
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Sorry   

Listen a lot of people get dropped it’s the end of the world grandma.

By: Sorry
by: band nerdAug 19, 2024 7:28:12 PM

Also, marching band isn’t the flex you think it is, grandma. That’s probably why she got dropped. That and a boring personality like her mom.

By: band nerd
by: OOSAug 19, 2024 7:39:56 PM

The majority of girls in sororities here are from out of state. Don’t blame us - blame your weird daughter.

By: OOS
#2  by: Lol   

Was she rude to actives? Was her social media presence off putting? Anything that you DONT know about her that maybe the houses do know? Lots of reasons she could have been dropped. If she’s interested, tell her to COB or work on building relationships over the next year and rush again in the fall.

And pro tip - she’s an adult now! She doesn’t need mommy fighting her battles for her.

By: Lol
by: DGAug 19, 2024 7:34:51 PM

The DGs were mostly in marching band in high school. I heard one time at band camp a few of them put their flutes up their….

By: DG
#3  by: Sunny   

Look, the thing is that almost all of the 2,000 ppl rushing had high grades, talent, and beauty. How should a sorority pick when they're all talented and gorgeous? We don't know how your daughter performed during the parties. Maybe she got nervous and her conversations just weren't flowing or something. Or maybe she had favorite sororities and didn't give all of the sororities a chance?

By: Sunny
by: PnmjudgeAug 19, 2024 9:00:27 AM

Haha I love how you said “almost all” because we all know the one TT girl who had none of those lol

By: Pnmjudge
by: weirdoAug 19, 2024 7:29:37 PM

This girl was in marching band. She’s immediately getting cut by 3/4 of the houses just for that. #TubaGirl

By: weirdo
by: ClarinetAug 19, 2024 7:38:54 PM

She should reach out to the Clarinet Kappas or the Saxophone Sigma Kappas. There’s still time to get a bid!

The Xylophone Zetas and Alpha Phi Flutes are already full though. God speed!

By: Clarinet
#4  by: I wish you and your daugh   

I’m sorry this is happening to you and your daughter.

Most women find their Greek homes at Bama IF they maximize their options and treat ALL houses and their members with respect. There are lovely OOS women in all chapters, and several houses have realized that recruiting great OOS women with no connections to the “top” houses is the key to building an amazing sisterhood.

Your daughter may be a rare case who somehow fell through the cracks at no fault of her own, but the vast, VAST majority of PNMs who approach the process with open hearts and an open minds are successful in recruitment.

By: I wish you and your daugh
#5  by: Oop    

Marching band told me everything I needed to know lol

By: Oop
by: Current GreekAug 19, 2024 11:39:52 AM

That was a rude comment, not necessary. Marching band is a very important role at every college and high school.

By: Current Greek
by: ExtracurricularsAug 19, 2024 7:31:11 PM

Explain to be me how marching band is an asset to a sorority? Is she going to be drum major of the Tri Delt Marching Band? Oh wait, there’s not one. Sororities don’t want band nerds. Sorry Band Mom.

By: Extracurriculars
#6  by: Ope   

Did she have recs? Did she maximize her options?

By: Ope
by: trailblazer tinaAug 19, 2024 7:42:22 PM

She had 1,000 recs to the French Horn Club of South Dakota but unfortunately that won’t get you far here at the largest sorority recruitment in the nation.

By: trailblazer tina
#7  by: I hope this helps   

First of all, there are hundreds of girls with 4.0 GPA, extracurriculars, volunteer work, and are beautiful going through recruitment. None of that stands out, it's just the standard basic peer group. Second, over half the girls in recruitment come from out of state and the same for the girls in the sororities. Being out of state doesn't stand out either. So the two things you mention are not significant enough to either get a bid or prevent getting a bid.

Conversations, social skills, confidence, making the most of your looks, and your social media have to be tiptop in addition to the grades and resume.

I know you love your smart, talented, beautiful daughter and your heart is aching for her, but instead of casting blame and making her a victim, you can help her to figure out exactly what might have gone better and make this another of those teachable moments after emotions calm down. Self-awareness is a vital life skill. If she figures this out she can get a bid through COB or go through again next fall and write her own ticket, it happens all the time. This is an opportunity, no lie.

By: I hope this helps
by: Come on TinaAug 19, 2024 7:44:24 PM

Being a band nerd prevented her from getting a bid. She should have joined the Million Dollar Band and found her friend group there. #ParentingFail

By: Come on Tina
#8  by: Very sorry   

I’m very sorry this happened to your daughter. Sometimes people just have really bad luck. I’m sure your daughter is wonderful.

By: Very sorry
#9  by: Pnmjudge   

Marching band pretty much sums up why

By: Pnmjudge
#10  by: ok   

Yeah because no one from out of state gets in a sorority at UA. That was definitely it. And this is sarcasm if you can't tell.

By: ok

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.