facebook

Will I have less options as a legacy

by:    

Is it true that if I’m a legacy of a chapter at the school other sororities will automatically drop me because they assume I will want the house I’m a legacy of? I am nervous about this and wondering if I should even disclose it on the application. I like my sister’s sorority but want to be open minded and find my perfect fit as well.

Posted By: 2025 PNM
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

There is no need to disclose your legacy status on your application. IDK why it's even on there any more. Let your legacy house know you are coming through, that's all you need to do. If you have a sitting sister in a chapter on campus, people will know anyway.

By: legacy
by: 2025 PNM   

Will have just graduated

By: 2025 PNM
by: legacy   

You don't need to mention your legacy status to anyone, including other pnm's. If someone knows, they know, nothing to be done about it. If anyone, and I do mean anyone at all, asks you if you are a legacy somewhere, you can say yes but you are going in with a totally open mind, and say as little as possible as politely as you can.

by: legacy   

Also, 'stealing' someone's sister from another house is considered something of a coup.

#2by:    

No one will know you’re a legacy unless you tell them.

By: Mimi
#3by:    

It depends. If you have an in house sister, then yes, legacy will hurt you. Everyone will know even if you don’t tell. If you are a legacy through somewhere else and you didn’t go to high school with anyone at Bama, then people will only know if you tell.

By: Jdjfjdbchdjdjdjdjdjd

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#4by:    

The benefit of a mom/sister legacy in any sorority is it establishes a family tradition of staying active through graduation, which sororities want. The cost and expectations are understood. So it is not a bad thing. You have to find a tactful and positive way in the other houses to say you loved hearing about greek life from your sister but you are very much your own person and want to find your own way. That is diplomatic and signals you are open to other houses.

By: Legacy ok
#5by:    

legacy only plays a role like #that if you make it seem ur only interested in ur sister’s house. then yeah everyone will drop u for not being open minded….. why waste an invite on someone who doesn’t wanna be there?

but otherwise my house has bid members who had active sisters in other houses so it depends on the fit :)

By: hmmmm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.