facebook

statistical sorority spring 2024 analysis

by:    

hey guys i did another statistical analysis as the new greek scorecard came out. i changed the categories up a bit so they were more accurate kinda?? you'll see what i mean

first, grades. i averaged the spring semester and fall semester GPA of each sorority.

1. (3.85 - 3.81) AGD, AXO
2. (3.80 - 3.76)
3. (3.75 - 3.71)
4. (3.70 - 3.66) XO
5. (3.65 - 3.61) PIPHI
6. (3.60 - 3.56) PM, KD, DDD
7. (3.55 - 3.51) ZTA, ADPI, DZ
8. (3.50 - 3.46) DG, KKG
9. (3.45 - 3.41)
10. (3.40 - 3.36) AOPI
11. (3.35 - 3.31) KAT, GPHI
12. (3.30 - 3.26)
13. (3.25 - 3.21)
14. (3.20 - 3.16)
15. (3.15 - 3.11) APHI, SK

did the data through tiers like last time, so the spread of data is more telling.

second, i did retention rate from fall 2023 to spring 2024. thanks to the people who commented about this last time, it's way more informative than simply house number. i tiered the houses as what percentage of their total numbers they lost over the semester. this shows a number of things, such as the strength of the sororities sisterhood, and also kind of the social status of each house - because lots of girls drop their sorority if they feel it's not good enough, that kind of thing.
I ALSO MINUSED COB MEMBERS. so that houses that heavily cob are still penalised.

<1%. XO
1%. KD, PI PHI
2%. AGD, KKG, PM, ZETA
3%. AXO
4%. DDD, DG
5%.
6%. ADPI, DZ
7%. AOPI, GPHI
8%.
9%. KAT
10%. APHI, SK

finally, i did the total philanthropy raised by each house over the fall and spring semester. this time i did total rather than per member. this does penalise sk a bit more, but i think that's fair enough as a sorority who can't reach chapter total should be penalised a bit more. i'm sure once they have their new house they'll jump to full capacity :).

also i'd like to note that in the whole of last year, gphi only raised $374.
the second lowest was dz, who raised $19,000. pretty significant difference.

1. (140,000+) DDD, ZTA
2. (130,000 - 140,000)
3. (120,000 - 130,000)
4. (110,000 - 120,000)
5. (100,000 - 110,000) KD
6. (90,000 - 100,000) AXO, PIPHI
7. (80,000 - 90,000) XO
8. (70,000 - 80,000) PM
9. (60,000 - 70,000) DG, KKG
10. (50,000 - 60,000) AOPI
11. (40,000 - 50,000) AGD, SK
12. (30,000 - 40,000) ADPI, APHI, KAT
13. (20,000 - 30,000)
14. (10,000 - 20,000) DZ
15. (0 - 10,000) GPHI

then i added together the tiers each house landed on and divided by three, which gave me these scores:
Agd - 4.66
Axo - 3.33
Xo - 3.66
Piphi - 4
Pm - 5.33
Kd - 4
Ddd - 3.66
Zta - 3.33
Adpi - 8.3
Dz - 9
Dg - 7
Kkg - 6.33
Aopi - 9
Kat - 10.66
Gphi - 11
Aphi - 12.33
Sk - 12

which resulted in a final tier of :
1. AXO / ZTA
2. XO / DDD
3. PIPHI / KD
4. AGD
5. PM
6. KKG
7. DG
8. ADPI
9. DZ / AOPI
10. KAT
11. GPHI
12. SK
13. APHI

again, OR roughly takes the top half and NR roughly takes the top half, with piphi and zta breaking away from the rest of NR.

also i again couldn't really think of a way to include social status, but i think retention rates does show this somewhat.

ok guys thanks for reading hope you enjoyed :)

Posted By: stats girl
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Admit it, the girls keep you around to help them with their homework, right?

By: nuce
#2by:    

Another post by the anti-Aphi jealous stalker to craft an analysis that suits their anti-Aphi bias:

1) Selected only one semester instead of an entire academic year. It would be more correct to use also Spring to Fall retention. And even more correct to average several years.

2) A sample size of one semester is too small for any statistical analysis.

3) An analysis of social organizations with no social measurement included.

4) Without social measurement and equal weight given to the categories selected. i.e. gpa = philantrophy $ = a calculated retention rate. These are not all equal in weight.

5) No measurement of relative recruitment strength.

6) No measurement of the size of the groups is included in this analysis which is probably the most important indicator and should receive an overweight in any combined average. for example: size = 30%, social measurement of a social org. = 30%, gpa = 10%, retention = 10%, recruitment strength = 10%, ....etc.

7) Including SK in any analysis is unfair at this point.

8) National sorority strength might be considered as a small percentage as these memberships are for life and only 4 of those years are spent in college. Maybe at 5%.

The above person has a vendetta against APhi and routinely creates biased, statistically unsound analysis.

Sad. I don't know what APhi did to you (dropped you back in 1990?) but really, your entire analysis is mostly erroneous because these are social orgs and you have not considered their relative social strength at bama. All this work to hand craft an analysis to make one group look as bad as possible. Maybe spend this effort to improve and/or refine the group you did join?

By: Another
by: stats girl   

1. i am not the rando aphi crazy.
2. i make these for fun.
3. i don't feel like doing multiple years right now. maybe you can do that. i did go to the effort to check philanthropy and gpas for both semesters though.
4. spring to fall retention would not be more correct, as that is when most seniors graduate. so, fall to spring membership dips are largely from members choosing to drop the sorority.
5. how would i numerically add in social measurement. that is subjective.
6. sk is a chapter that participates in formal rush. why would i not include them. including them shows that for their size, they do quite well in philanthropy.

yes the aphi basher is annoying and clogs up this site. however you have gone to the trouble to make a long post simply to hate on something i did for fun, since lots of people enjoyed when i did one last time.
your hate is misdirected. please chill tfo.

By: stats girl
by: Another   

Well -

You calculate a Fall to Spring retention rate, why not calculate a Spring to Fall retention rate. It is easy using the university reports.

Why don't you include - at least - chapter size? This is also easy.

Fun to continuously make unsound stat posts that purposely target one group? Not most people's idea of fun. Deny being a stalker all you want but everyone can see your bias.

By: Another

i didnt't use last spring to fall because i am keeping the numbers within one year. if you used your brain you would understand this. however here is last years fall to spring if you want to recalculate the numbers:

1. % KD
2. % AXO
3. % XO, ADG
4. % PM, ZTA, DG, AOPI
5. % KKG, GPHI
6. % DDD
7. % PIPHI
8. %
9. %
10. %
11. %
12. % ADPI
13. % APHI
14. % SK
15. % DZ, KAT

chapter size only penalises sk. they are already affected when it comes to philanthropy numbers, the fact they have to take girls with low gpas to make up enough numbers, and the fact that retention is low because girls don't want to be in the smallest chapter. this is common sense.

please make your own post adding the factors you want to rather than bashing mine.

i'll take constructive criticism, but not when it's as rude as yours.

#3by:    

Good job.
It does need to be pointed out that
1) There are December graduations, so not every member lost between Fall and Spring is a drop. Graduations vary each December. The average tends to be 95% retention from Fall to Spring so anything around there is fine.
2) Also for GPA reference: Fall sorority average was 3.5, Spring sorority average was 3.53. This doesn't vary much from year to year. Any sorority with a 3.5 is doing fine.

By: good

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

true about the gpa but it's nice to uplift the sororities who are going above and beyond.

any idea how i would calculate the retention without getting people graduating mixed up in there?

by: good   

There's really no way to know graduation numbers, so it is what it is. The interesting thing is that there does appear to be a direct correlation between grades and retention.

By: good
#4by:    

Aye I usually do the calculations! Nice work! Aphi stan just stop you don’t know how numbers work. You can’t get them out of this they are horrible.

By: Lol
#5by:    

Aphi with a 3.1?? Land of the dummies. Come on girls that’s embarrassing.

By: Ugh
by: Nope   

A solid B overall average does not equal dummy status. Keep digging.

By: Nope
by: underwhelming   

When the average GPA of the entire undergrad population of 32,000 students is a 3.3, a 3.1 is below average. No need to dig.

By: underwhelming
#6by:    

Numbers don’t lie. Pnms take note

By: Good job
#7by:    

nice to see factual numbers

By: Work
#8by:    

yeah idk quantifying the social aspect of greek life is rlly hard, especially since its a major part of joining a sorority. for social standing i do think recruitment retention rates, IG followers, amt of swaps/date parties, popularity/views on tiktok would have to play a role but not all of that is easy to track

i like ur final ranking but i think bc alpha gam is so high in grades it kinda skews them upwards lol. like idk anyone who thinks alpha gam is better than phi mu tbh, especially since phi mu is very well rounded and alpha gam is not so much.

By: hmmmm
#9by:    

Or does sorority life well. They really know how to pick girls that really mesh with them. Ztas philanthropy is so well known I even say think pink. Everyone knows their crawfish for a cure and think pink gymnastic meet. This is where their girls with social media skills do their best work as they post up those events.

By: !!
#10by:    

This is just crazy. I mean insane level crazy. As a pnm waking up for another round of parties and looking on Greek Rank (yes many of us are looking) I can tell you no one cares about any of this in my group.

By: pnm

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.