facebook

How does houses rank PNMs?

by:    

So PNMs rank houses they want to keep as 1. and the ones the don’t wanna keep in order. But how does houses rank PNMs? In order of who they wanna keep on a number scale or are 500 PNMs ranked number 1, and then they number those they don’t want? Helpoo

Posted By: Question
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

They rank all of the PNMs 1 to 500 (if there were only 500 pnms) and based on the number of pnms that want them back it gets matched up.

By: Rank
by: yep   

This is pretty much it. Each sorority has an invitation list that matches the number they are allowed to have back and a 'flex' list to make up for pnm's that would decline an invitation there. Houses that have high return rates have a smaller invitation list and a smaller flex list, and don't have to dip much into their flex list at all. Other houses have to rank more pnm's for both their invitation list and flex because their return rates aren't as high.

By: yep
by: Yes   

Yes this is it. And if you didn’t get a house back it doesn’t mean they didn’t like you…it may mean everyone ranked above you wanted them and the house hit their number before it got to your name on the list.

By: Yes
by: ^   

Exactly! Numbers game.

By: ^
#2by:    

this is helpful, thank you for asking this question, I'd been wondering!

By: good

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: EY    

Same! This really is helpful, knowing it’s a numbers game can take some (not all) of the sting out of being dropped.

By: EY
by: Yes   

Agreed. It does make me feel a little better. I didn’t get my favorite two back, but I’m sure they were high for everyone.

By: Yes
#3by:    

Yep. It’s just a number game, even if they rank you pretty high or middle of the pack…if everyone above you wants them back you get cut.

By: JM
#4by:    

It will be the same for the next round. Say house ABC is allowed to invite 100 PNMs back (made up number it will be much more than this) and you are number 103.

If 100 people above you also want them back, you'll get dropped. But they liked you and had you ranked right there near the cut off.

If you liked a house and feel you had a connection you probably did but it's just a numbers game!

By: tomorrow
#5by:    

Bumping this so pnms know before tomorrow

By: Bump
#6by:    

bumping this because there is good info in here that is helpful to pnms as we move into sisterhood

By: ty

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.