facebook

Body shaming during rush

by:    

I will be rushing next year and i'm a plus sized girlie. Is this going to impact my ability to get a bid?

Posted By: ihaveaquestion
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

No one’s going to body shame you to your face, but sororities do take looks into account your options will be more limited than other PNMs.

By that I’m trying to say you’re less likely to get a “top” house or a looks-focused house (APhi, Zeta).

Don’t let that hold you back, though. All the houses at Bama have great girls, and any house that doesn’t want you for whatever reason simply isn’t the house for you.

Use the next year to improve your resume where you can—get your GPA as high as you can and get more involved in philanthropy work. Get some leadership experience if you don’t have some already.

Have a hobby you can talk about during rush. Many girls sing, dance, or play an instrument. Doesn’t matter if it’s common, just have something you can talk about.

Do your research re: do’s & don’ts, get recs, and work on conversing with strangers.

Getting a bid is more likely than not if you are open to ALL the houses, but it will help if you’re prepared!

Also, I wouldn’t get on social media trying to get clout. I know some girls do OOTDs. It’s not recommended. If you do that, I wouldn’t use your real name. Sorority girls look at social media so they will likely see it anyway. So I just wouldn’t post.

By: Honest

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.