facebook

Hot take on season 4

by:    

I think a few houses are playing chess instead of checkers. It’s not 2019, and I’m sick of the rusktok push (especially 50 posts a day and whole house dances). If that’s your thing, then I’m sure you think it is great, but who wants to sell stuff on TT like all these moms I see? Give me something new. It’s so tired and uninspired at this point. I’m so bored.

Posted By: Sammmmm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

What? Sororities are a business. This is part of promotion and this is the time of year to shine. Whether your house decides to go all in is their choice. I definitely give credit to the houses that work it. Good on them.

By: addy

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Sammmmm   

Agree to disagree. All the houses posting are indistinguishable at this point. Every college is doing it and no one is standing out.

By: Sammmmm
by: ^   

Sororities are not businesses, they are women's organizations that exist to uplift their members. Businesses have owners and investors and exist solely to make money. Sororities need money to run themselves but they aren't owned by investors or private owners and there is no return on a financial investment. Not everything is a 'business'.

By: ^
by: Dii   

Wrong! There are all types of businesses. A sorority is an organization that carries out activities. They are a non-profit. They work toward a charitable mission on a whole.

By: Dii
by: ^   

A non-profit isn't a business. Just because money is needed to run an organization doesn't make it a business. The purpose of a business is return on financial investment for the owners of that business. Churches, charitable organizations, not-for-profit hospitals, men's and women's social organizations of all kinds are just a few examples of NOT BUSINESSES. The government needs money to run also but it's not a business. Not everything is a business just because they need money to run on, and return on investment is money above and beyond profit.

By: ^
by: Amy   

Nonprofits are businesses. They provide a service. A sorority is a thriving nonprofit. They have a passion to make a difference and that is where philanthropy comes in. Each org is part of the larger picture. They all have a mission of doing greater and making a difference. With the nonprofit they reinvest back into the organization and to their social goods they are involved in. Members help with their volunteering. I will keep it at that.

By: Amy
by: No   

Damn Amy, god help you living in the real world with that amount of ignorance. Just because an entity has to make a profit to exist, which is why they are not-FOR-profits and not non-profits, doesn't make it a business. A business has OWNERS that INVEST and expect a FINANCIAL RETURN on INVESTMENT to make money for themselves. And businesses have to pay TAX on their earnings, non-businesses are not taxed.

Profit = anything above costs. The organization has to meet their expenses, obviously. But just breaking even isn't good enough because some of the profit has to be set aside for emergencies and future expansion/upgrades, and, in the case of businesses, to pay their taxes on that profit. For a BUSINESS, anything then left over goes to the business owners as ROI and that's how people make money on owning and investing in BUSINESS. For a not-for-profit however, with no owners or investors, everything goes back into the organization AND they don't pay taxes.

Not-for-profits are NOT businesses. Sororities are not businesses; they have no owners, they do not return a financial investment to owners or investors, they do not pay taxes. They do not exist to make money for anyone, their purpose is different.

By: No
by: Educate yourself   

Amy is correct. A non-profit is in fact a type of business. And the internet agrees with her. Simply Google "Is a nonprofit a business?"

By: Educate yourself
by: No   

Oh, the Google algorithm said that, did it? Good thing that others IRL know better, like the IRS, accountants, lawyers, bankers, financial advisors, investment brokers, and sorority national officers. None of the actually educated and knowledgeable would ever confuse making and spending money with what defines a business. But don't you worry your pretty little head about it, it's best left in the hands of those who actually know better than what Google puts in its algorithm.

By: No
by: ok   

I sure someone is not studying business at Bama.

Sororities serve members and they are non-profit/tax-exempt. They exist for a social cause. Non-profits are in fact businesses and they must operate as a business to remain viable.

By: ok
by: Wow   

Damn “No.” imagine being that condescending when you’re that obviously wrong! Weird. This isn’t rocket science, I’m pretty sure we all have access to Google.

By: Wow
#2by:    

Zeta starting to give desperate look at me vibes.

By: Overdone!
by: Fjjsvdid   

When KD is doing the trend, you know it’s tired. They are the last to do anything.

By: Fjjsvdid
by: Peak   

ZTA peaked in 2021

By: Peak
#3by:    

omg y’all feel SOOO threatened by zta it’s hilarious

By: Sad!
by: Regina   

Not everything is about you, ZTA. You need to calm your little self centered head down.

By: Regina

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.