facebook

Grain of Salt Advice

by:    

A sorority member who has not gone through recruitment as an active is not the most reliable source for pnm's looking for helpful advice. I am seeing some not so good rush information out there from these new members on Reddit, TikTok, and everywhere else, with some even selling their 'advice' for money or followers. While some seem enthusiastic and mean well, they still don't know what they don't know, and can only speak from their one week as a pnm - a limited and one-sided perspective that is often based on incorrect assumptions. Take what they say with a big grain of salt because they have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Posted By: Experience is Best
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Shove this up ur as sh0le , or keep it to urself. Nobody cares

By: Dumb
#2by:    

All advice should be taken lightly. However when I was a pnm I loved seeing what other girls wore to rush and in rush bag etc in years past. it’s just a fun thing to watch.

By: What?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I would watch what actives say too. Each house runs rush differently and some girls hate being on the other side.

By: Rush
by: Hard   

Your first rush on the other side is intense and those newer members are not prepared for how hard that week and the weeks leading up actually are. It is the most important thing a chapter will do all year and everything has to be perfect. With so much on the line the stress levels are high and everyone is feeling it.

There are big disagreements about who's doing or not doing something right or why they have to do something they don't want to do. There are difficult discussions about pnm's that some sisters love and others do not. Actives who are disgruntled about something have a hard time projecting sisterly love and selling a chapter they happen to be pi$$ed at (most likely to go vent that $hit on socials and then regret it), and there's a good deal of emotional snarling and snapping because everyone's so exhausted. And if pnm's think it's hard when they got dropped, well it's even worse on the other side when their rush crush doesn't show up one day. Did your chapter cut her, did she cut your chapter, did she drop out, what happened? So much drama in every house during rush week. Nobody says it's fun.

But on the upside, everyone learns an awful lot about the process that they didn't know before, about your chapter members personalities and strengths and weaknesses, and you often form bonds with sisters that you wouldn't otherwise and solidify a real friend group.

By: Hard

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.