facebook

is Georgia out of state?

by: girlygirl

I know technically it is “ out of state but I feel like it’s basically Alabama…so do sororities who only like in state girls accept Georgia ppl too?

Posted By: girlygirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yep   

Atlanta is a hot spot. These girls tend to have connections from high school. If you are from one of these schools and there are sorority actives who come from there then you could be on their radar.

By: yep
#2  by: 🌊   

it's a blue state, so yes.

By: 🌊
by: OkkkkJul 23, 2024 2:08:32 AM

Hahah. True about Georgia being a blue state. Will prob hurt you during rush :(

By: Okkkk
#3  by: Huh   

Is this a real question? OOS is out of Alabama. So yes Georgia is OOS but still south.

By: Huh
by: ^Jul 17, 2024 9:14:55 PM

You obviously don't understand. Not everyone does or needs to. It's not about state lines and Alabama-only is a perception but there's more to it.

By: ^
#4  by: RTR   

When are people going to understand that it really doesn’t matter what state you’re from - it’s who you know that’s an active. That’s how you have an advantage- someone who is already a member that pulls for you. You could be from IL or NJ and if you know a few girls here already then you have a better shot than an unknown from AL- It’s that simple.

By: RTR
#5  by: Uhh   

No sh—… I hope you plan on joining APhi with that pea-brain of yours

By: Uhh
by: Well..Jul 22, 2024 8:22:56 AM

If this is how you write, then aphi is for you. Don't worry about oos.

By: Well..
#6  by: Yeah   

Yeah its southern.

By: Yeah
#7  by: OR   

Since it is a different state, then it is…out of state. If you’re asking if you still have preference since it is in the south, then the answer is most likely. Old row sororities tend to favor girls from the south, so to them it matters. It depends too if your parents are from the south or if you’re a recent Yankee transplant. That won’t be as cool. Honestly; don’t worry about it. Just enjoy rush.

By: OR
#8  by: Fr   

Are u retar$ed

By: Fr
by: Nice Jul 24, 2024 5:25:32 AM

Be nice to the future aphi

By: Nice
#9  by: Yes    

Not about state lines? Yea it is!! Some houses literally rank all the girls from Alabama first, then everyone else. Doing this is actually very common at state schools in the south. They always rank the in-state girls first since it is a state school. Clearly you know nothing about the rush process at SEC schools.

By: Yes
by: YepJul 26, 2024 5:49:11 AM

This is true!my sorority was told actually Alabama girls are the ones we want and the fill in the rest.

By: Yep

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.