facebook

rec letter questions

by:    

Curious how many pnms actually get two letters for each sorority. Is is mainly girls from the south who have letters for each sorority? is it more common for OOS or OOR to not have a letter for each house? does it matter?

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

i have one letter for some houses but some with none

By: pnm2
#2by:    

I am curious about this too. I do not have letters for every house but hopefully it matters more for certain houses than others. I am out of state without any connections and guessing I might get cut from the houses I do not have letters.

By: help!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

On Rec letters, can they be from work like your Manager? Who else can write a Rec letters for PNM?

By: PNM
by: RECS   

First of all, recs should already be in by now, so if you are intending to do it you need to GET IT DONE ASAP. The sororities are already prepping for recruitment.

Some sororities now accept recs from non-alum third parties who know the pnm well, like your job or volunteer org boss, teacher, coach, school counselor, etc. This is helpful for pnm's and rec writers because they can use a pnm's information and write for multiple sororities, but each sorority has their own form.

Also, some sororities allow a current active in good standing in a different chapter to write a rec.

Also, Alabama's Panhellenic has a generic form you can use called the Supplemental Letter of Recommendation if all else fails and you can't get a sorority rec.

BUT, NOT ALL SORORITIES WILL ACCEPT THESE AND WILL ONLY ACCEPT ONE FROM AN ALUM, so you need to check those national sites.

Here is what I know:

PM - does not accept recs at all
AXO, AGD, XO, DG - alum, active from another chapter, third party
ADP, KD, KKG - alum, active from another chapter
DZ, ZTA - alum only

You can always ask a sorority's national office if you are unsure what to do. They do actually answer their phones.

By: RECS
#4by:    

bumping for info

By: bump
#5by:    

what happens if you don't get letters. what happens if you do. the panhel q&a yesterday said they aren't mandatory but is the truth that you really do need them? do out of state pnms get less letters in general and still do OK?

By: help!
#6by:    

You do not need letters of recommendation. If you have a good GPA and are friendly and conversational during rush, you will get a house. GPA matters more to houses like AGD whereas letters of rec might mean more to houses like KD.

By: Bamaaa

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.