facebook

Honest review of rush

by:    

For an OOS/OOR PNM with no connections what are the hardest bids, both OR and NR, to get and why? What was your or the girls in your rush group experience with cuts. This info could be useful to set expectations for rush.

Posted By: Pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Hardest bids are AXO overall and KD and Kappa if no connections.
Zeta is hard if you aren’t beautiful and rich.

By: Honest answer
by: ummm   

Zeta does not get "rich" girls. They get the opposite.

By: ummm
by: Ggggggggkkkkkk   

They also have plenty of very average girls. They don’t show them on social media.

By: Ggggggggkkkkkk
by: Nah   

KD struggled last year to get top PNMs because they limit themselves to girls from targeted areas and have a reputation for in house drama. They cut too early and PNMs in the end chose other OR houses, making KD a slightly easier bid to get than the other OR houses this year. Zeta has a specific “type” they look for, so they limit themselves and make deep cuts in very early rounds. They are the toughest of NR bids to get.

When I rushed two years ago, OOS girls took the earliest cuts from KKG, AXO, XO, DDD and PM.

By: Nah
by: Nah   

KD struggled last year to get top PNMs because they limit themselves to girls from targeted areas and have a reputation for in house drama. They cut too early and PNMs in the end chose other OR houses, making KD a slightly easier bid to get than the other OR houses this year. Zeta has a specific “type” they look for, so they limit themselves and make deep cuts in very early rounds. They are the toughest of NR bids to get.

When I rushed two years ago, OOS girls took the earliest cuts from KKG, AXO, XO, DDD and PM.

By: Nah
#2by:    

It depends on GPA. Most OR or top houses will drop after first round if GPA is low. NR is generally less selective especially with GPA. I think the hardest houses to get a bid from are AXO, PM, KD and DDD

By: Bamaaa
by: SMH   

many NR houses are concerned with GPA as well, grandma.

By: SMH
#3by:    

All of old row, but they still take some. If you make a great connection and get on their radar. But, don't be fooled. These girls make everyone feel loved which is why they are desired.

By: .
#4by:    

██]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 10% complete.....

████████]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] 35% complete....

████████████]]]]]]]]]]]] 60% complete....

█████████████████] 99% complete.....

🚫ERROR!🚫 💯True💯 Brothers of Islam are irreplaceable ☪I could never delete you Brother!💖 Send this to ten other 👪Mujahideen👪 who would give their lives for ﷲAllahﷲ Or never get called ☁️Brother☁️ again If you get 0 Back: Juhanam for you 🚫†✡🚫 3 back: you're off the martyr list☁️💦 5 back: you have pleased Allah greatly☪💦 10+ back: JANAHﷲ!ﷲ!💕💕☪👅

By: Abu
#5by:    

many people say on here to not post on tiktok, that all the OR houses will drop you. but if you are coming from OOR does it hurt you to not get your name out there. does it make more competitive NR a harder bid if you aren't making
OOTD or posting from bama bound

By: curious

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Ggggggggkkkkkk   

As long as your posts aren’t embarrassing you, it is okay to do TT. Don’t try to be something you aren’t and you’ll be ok. But if you seem fake or awkward, it could hurt you.

By: Ggggggggkkkkkk
by: It's telling...   

There were a bunch of girls who blew up on tik tok last year. Very few ended up in OR houses.

Actives are already looking at all of your socials - they'll get the vibe from that. Making a bunch of OOTDs and tagging everything as bama rush might not hurt you that badly during rush, especially for NR, but it doesn't really help (and could hurt) if you want OR.

At least that is how I see it.

By: It's telling...
#6by:    

you shouldn’t set any expectations. Trust the process and be yourself in every house that you get an invite back to.

By: well
by: Agree   

Yes this is true. besides why would you want to focus on a house that in the end doesn’t want you? Or why go into a house with an entitled opinion of their bids? PNMs drop because they don’t get invited back to houses they feel they should have (based on sites like GR and tent talk with other PNMs) and discount those that did invite them back. Be yourself and it will all work out as it should.

By: Agree
by: by:   

i think the point of setting expectations was to be prepared for cuts from certain houses and not take it personally.

By: by:
by: maybe    

but if they don’t get asked back to a house you call “easy bid” they will take it personally. don’t go in with expectations from crap you read here on GR. I

By: maybe
#7by:    

I was OOR and so was my roommate. We didn’t have any connections amd knew nothing about the Bama Greek system.

We both had full cards for most of the week. I was immediately dropped from most of OR- AXO, XO, AGD, DDD, KKG and KD. My preference round was PM and my current NR house. I ranked my NR house first. PM was too pageant for me and I never felt comfortable there. I ranked my NR first.

My roommate with an insanely high GPA was dropped from some
of OR- KKG, DDD, PM, and KD immediately. Obviously, she was dropped by other houses but i dont remember. She went to pref at PiPhi and AGD. She is an AGD.

By: My experience
by: s   

Agd takes everyone they want from Piphi.

The academic pressure houses are Agd, Axo, XO, Piphi, Adpi

By: s
by: Ssssssssssssssssss   

So you’re the zeta that posts all the time? Cool cool.

By: Ssssssssssssssssss
by: Such a mix   

It's so weird how it all shakes out. I was IMMEIDATELY dropped from Zeta, KD, XO, AGD and Phi Mu...but for some reason ended up invited back at DDD, AXO and KKG.

After Philanthropy I also got cut from some NR houses that surprised me - GPhi and DZ. I liked them both so who knows.

It all worked out but honestly you just have to go into with an open mind and let the process happen.

By: Such a mix
by: Or   

Im from the north and went up to sisterhood with ddd, agd, kd, axo. I preferred one of those and my new row house. I liked the old row house better but got in my head annd was worried if I would feel excluded and then put nr house first. I regret it as I always wonder what if.

By: Or
#8by:    

Bumping

By: Bamaaa
#9by:    

rush is so random i’m ngl. i’m oos and a first gen college student and had nooo idea what to expect so i did my research. i thought all but 3 chapters would drop me based on this site & gossip lol

depending on who i’d meet & the context they’d tell me i gave pi phi vibes or zta vibes 🤣🤣 both those houses dropped me right off the bat and almost every OR house kept me even KD 😅😅😅😅

if you like the people you talk to during rush (and that includes other pnms in ur parties).. go there!!!! 🎀

By: Hiiii

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.