facebook

What I’ve seen in the last 4 years

by: Sr Active

I’m going to be a senior in the Fall and have been in my house since freshman year. A lot of the ranks and sororities have changed because recruitment numbers keep getting bigger, admitted freshman classes are now bigger than 5 years ago, and so many OOR girls are going through recruitment.

IMO, this is what I’ve seen:

Houses gaining popularity among PNM’s:

DDD- they have always been a top pick but they have done a good job being geographically diverse. Every PNM loves them.

ZTA- the PNms obsessed with TikTok and looks have elevated the popularity of this house. They get exactly the cute girls they want.

PiPhi- OOR smart girls love this house and that is helping them.

DZ- super fun house that has strong social media and puts on a good recruitment.

Theta- they were bottom 5 years ago but they are now more social, cuter and are right there with other NR houses. Having more OOR PNMs has helped them in recruitment.

Houses that remain strong among Southern PNMs but not super popular with OOR:

AXO- will always get top pick of the Southern PNMs looking for top grades and a Christian experience

KKG- will always be top for Southern girls and the most connected Southern house in terms of Actives personally knowing Southern PNMs

XO- will get the Southern PNMs that don’t want DDD, KKG, KD or AXO

Houses that are struggling with their identity and are declining in popularity among PNMs:

PM- was an undisputed top house 5 or more years ago but not so anymore. They are above the middle in the rankings but they’ve had mixed new member classes the last 3 years. Are they pageant or country hick?

KD- popular with PNMs in very specific AL zip codes. Irrelevant to almost every other PNM. As the school demographic changes, they will continue to decline unless they become more open minded about OOR.

AGD- smart girl house but everyone is miserable in the house and sisterhood issues have been publicized in the last couple of years.

ADpi- Becoming more and more irrelevant with both Southern and OOR PNM’s.

DG- they have fell off significantly because there are now more fun NR houses to be in and they only get the bottom Southern PNMs.

Gphi: They sisterhood drama they’ve had during the last 3 years has taken a toll. Half the house is full of mean, drunk girls. I’d compare them to where ZTA was 5 years ago and where Aphi is now.

Houses that have stayed about the same:

Aopi- They are nice girls that are a bit odd. I think they are still bottom and not sure if they care.

Aphi- still a train wreck. Nothing has changed in the last 3 years I’ve been here.

SK- they remain at the bottom because it’s hard to recruit without a mansion. They are building one and the girls that are SK like their house. They will change in the coming years after their mansion is built.

Posted By: Sr Active
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Well   

There is a misconception about DDD trying to get girls from outside of the south, and it’s going to give false hope. DDD is one of the few houses that always give preference to girls from Alabama. For instance, Any girl from Alabama that they like automatically is a top. Even if there is a girl from California they like, a girl from Alabama will always jump the girl from Cali. Following Alabama, they then do this with the list of girls from the south. Southern girls will always take preference at DDD.

The reason why people do not realize this because DDD has had some great picks from California lately. There weren’t many, but these girls are very involved on campus and in the spotlight. This has made it seem like DDD has a lot of girls from outside of Alabama/the south, but that is simply not true.

By: Well
#12  by: aBC   

DDD- I wouldn’t say they are stronger than they use to be but they are more open to taking different areas/personalities than they use to which has helped them

ZTA- I wouldn’t put them as stronger than much of OR but they are a desired house and rush strong. They need to quit worrying about where they rank with OR and just be happy because they will pledge strong so who cares what people say. 

Theta- SK has helped their popularity a little 

AXO- same popularity with the same type girls as always. They will always be considered one of the top to many people.

KKG- they don’t care about much and will always pledge decently strong. Very chill house.

XO- hard to figure out lately 

PM- put a little more emphasis on grades recently. If you want to say it made them less desired you can but I think it made them stronger and they are still very desired by many and consider a top house. 

KD- still very cliquish but strongly desired by some and a quick drop for others

AGD- a great place for the uber competitive but not a fit for others

Aopi- not top but many are very happy there 

Aphi- still recovering from past incidents. I wouldn’t call them a train wreck though

SK- it’s hard to be the new house

By: aBC
by: AgreeJun 17, 2024 10:00:54 AM

But would add that Zeta does not get their pick. They get leftovers from Kkg/Pm/Ddd/Kd and lose 1/2 of their cross preferences to Aphi.

By: Agree
by: WrongJun 17, 2024 10:26:03 AM

You clearly don’t go here. ZTA does not take leftovers from the mentioned houses (maybe PM to a certain degree) and definitely does not lose recruits to Aphi. Sorry that ZTA is better than your house and you feel the need to bash.

By: Wrong
by: pickJun 17, 2024 10:51:05 AM

Zta does get their pick. They look for different girls then aphi. Aphi may get zta leftovers especially if they have also been cut by the other nr houses.

By: pick
by: imoJun 17, 2024 10:53:43 AM

I think Zeta is like every other house... they lose some they want to other houses and they get some they want that choose them over other houses.

By: imo
#13  by: !   

DDD was one of the only or houses that many of me and my friends from out of state had left by pref. They were so welcoming and we all felt comfortable there. 2 of my friends went there and love it. They have pretty, well-rounded girls. I did not get a southern exclusive feel from them at all. A great house.

By: !

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.