facebook

Aphi - recruitment strategy for the summer

by:    

Ok so aphi has been active on here bumping themselves up. They seriously have not one good thing about their house except for a few pretty instagram/tt girls.
ANY other house is more respected. Aphi should be at the bottom of every rank as they really have nothing going for them. This is the one house I would truly be embarrassed to be in.

Posted By: 2024
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

the op of this thread is the most miserable hater. what a sad life you must live to be so obsessed and contain so much hatred over a sorority house…go touch some grass it is not that deep

By: xx
by: Lol   

Welcome to gr. It is the site of hate and delusion. Unfortunately aphi will get hate all summer . Gang mentality all sororities go against aphi in the summer .

By: Lol
#12by:    

Yes, happens every year. I think it is because aphi is the dumping ground sorority. Meaning people will get on here with anger issues and say things about them and no one will say anything as long as it's aphi. They are just disliked by other sororities for whatever reason (plenty of girls are friends with aphi - just saying in general). This post was prompted by aphi being ranked so high on the past few ranks. No one can deny they have pretty girls but they really don't have anything to back it up. If I am paying $8k a year I want to be part of something that gives me something more than access to 18-22 frat boys.

By: weird

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Truth   

You dont even need to be in a sorority to have access to 18-22 year old frat boys. Any cute fun girl will have that. Go for something more.

By: Truth
by: yep   

^^^ agree. If you just join a sorority for the boys you will not stay in the sorority for long.

By: yep
#13by:    

I have seen this for the past couple of years. APhi is a really good sorority and there are a couple of groups who want to jump ahead of them. The alums of the other groups get on gr in the summer and start the campaign. Didn't work so well for them last year but I guess they don't learn.

By: j
by: Sort of   

I agree that Aphi is a good sorority however I hardly think they are innocent victims on GR. It appears as though Aphi is just as guilty in the bashing to “jump ahead of” as the houses that Aphi is accusing of bashing them.

By: Sort of
by: lol   

i remember the meltdowns last year when it didn’t work out for the haters. i will never understand the obsession, the girls are literally minding their business. they were so behaved last year and just did their usual fun and social with the frat boys…if it bothers you that much sounds like some deep rooted insecurity

By: lol
by: Meltdowns???   

Which meltdowns??? Tell us more! I wanna see!

By: Meltdowns???
by: huh   

Aphi girls have not been problematic to anyone. They really just as an above poster said they hang with pike, pi kapp, moes, and sideline. I think the problem is when they try to get ahead of other houses in the recent ranks. I do believe some of the old zta bashing was from them, but zta far surpassed aphi. I think some of the sororities just resent them as they are like why is your whole goal just to look pretty and nothing else, like they don't contribute to the school very much, or take part in philanthropy, and grades are really bad.

By: huh
#14by:    

The mc '21 and mc '22 was rough for aphi. They went for more insta/tt famous risks. In "winning" them they did a disservice to themselves as these girls dropped and got them some negative attention. Zta took some insta/tt famous girls over the years, but has the sisterhood to retain them and keep them saying positive things about zta. Aphis mc '23 was a huge improvement from the past 2 years, but their house still has trouble getting the girls to really buy into their sisterhood. I think looking at the girls now you can see why zta dropped the girls that went aphi. I don't believe in a funnel except when it comes to these 2 houses. I do believe aphi takes girls zta dropped and that's why I wouldn't choose aphi, because I would think everyone would think I'm just there because zta dropped me.

By: well..
by: True    

They do take some risks. Imo cut the risks let it be another houses problem. Aphi can’t afford any more

By: True
#15by:    

It will all be seen soon enough. We will see what girls go there this year.

By: Watch
#16by:    

With a heavy oos population you need to start considering that a solid amount of girls rushing are looking for what aphi has to offer: swaps + parties.
Yall need to accept that they’re going to get the girls they want because the girls they want are the girls that want them.

By: Dumb dumb
by: no   

Zta has better swaps and parties than aphi. I am oos and from my hometown everyone wants zta. No one goes in wanting aphi unless a legacy or a close friend, etc. Zta gets you more access to the frats if you want that, but also gives you access to leadership roles, strong connections, a positive reputation, and a better sisterhood. This is Alabama - not Harvard. If all you want is boys and parties you can get that without being in a sorority - just hang out at Rounders your freshmen year - you will be fine.

By: no
by: Huh    

Well it’s obvious you’re an aphi. It’s just like high school some girls in this case houses just have better reps as is the case with aphi and zta. I think as you said both give access to same fraternities ( zta a few more old row) so if that is the case and you are a pnm wouldn’t you want the house with the better reputation? It’s just a fact. I think the self ranking of aphi is what is getting people uptight.

By: Huh
by: -   

lol not an aphi but i have plenty of friends in their house and just don’t get why you beat down on them to uplift zeta. the girls i know in aphi are nice and fun and you just seem miserable.

By: -
by: Nice    

There are nice , fun girls in every sorority . Aphi being ranked lower isn’t a personal attack against them. Aphi overall has a certain rep down here. They just need to reign in some of their girls and just have some standards first become more than just a pretty outside, and strengthen sisterhood.

By: Nice
#17by:    

It's the same every summer - they self rank and people knock them down. It's sad that they have so many people that dislike them. Not all attention is good attention. I agree with above posters they just have to look for more well rounded girls that actually want a sisterhood.

By: Same
#18by:    

This is big sis advice don’t pick a sorority based on boys I think that’s why some people get on here to warn girls about aphi. Since their major goal is boys and partying you are setting yourself up for disappointment. Some boys will only use you. It’s a fact. You need friends. you need a sorority that will stand up for you and not the boy just because of what frat he is in. Trust pick a house that has more . Look at all girls that dropped aphi- they are doing so amazing now.

By: Big sis
by: Yes   

This is how I think too. And also how you feel is as freshmen will not be how you feel as a junior. The swaps and frat parties are just different now . I wish I picked a stronger sisterhood honestly because a lot of girls in my mc dropped and it’s kind of lonely now ( only in my sorority I made friends with girls in other sororities). Those who say you don’t know other houses sisterhood - oh heck yes you do Greek life is small you hear everything and sometimes you go to other houses date parties with your friends . Aphi is known for being a bad sisterhood and so many of the girls don’t even attend their own date parties . Why set yourself up to be miserable after fall of freshmen year. Let’s be real some girls only stay in to be influencers and their sorority life at Bama is their whole personality

By: Yes
by: laughing    

the fact you guys have to fight so hard to convince girls to not go alpha phi on greekrank is crazy! they have been unproblematic the entire past year, worked hard to get a more well rounded pc, and you’re still attacking them as they mind their business! do you give sisterhood advice warning girls not to go certain old row houses who will ice you out for being oos? your focus on aphi is soooo telling.

By: laughing
by: aphi gpa   

so I know a phi has the oos party girl rep- what is their gpa and how do they stack up with grades????

By: aphi gpa
by: True    

Aphi is not innocent here . They self ranked themselves too high and got called out. You are right other sororities look like they have good sisterhood because they are overall good but girls are iced out for where they are from or how much money they have etc. old row does get cliquey based on location and money. If you don’t have money for certain things you stop being invited. If you make it on old row from oos yes your run risk of being an outsider.

By: True
by: @laughing   

Agree. If Aphi and also others who are constant topics of threads, like PM, must be popular or who would bring them up every day?

I conclude that PM, Zeta, Aphi are all popular by the actions on this site and not just only the actual words.

By: @laughing
by: Bashing   

ZTA rarely gets bashed on here anymore and PM (who used to be the gold standard at Bama) only gets called out because their last 2 new MCs have been an odd mix.

By: Bashing

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.