facebook

“bottom” house life

by:    

does being in a bottom house actually matter at a school as big as alabama?

Posted By: m
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

To be truthful yes it does make a difference. It really depends how secure you are. Some fraternities are not allowed to bring girls from bottom houses to their date parties or to attend the date parties of a bottom house (mostly pledges) . Others are just snobs and only want girls in top houses. There are many girls also that won’t talk to you . Anyone who says no isn’t being honest. There are girls who are in top houses that will make sure everyone knows it and will try to make you feel inferior. Rush week can be brutal when you like a house but the girls in your tent say really bad things about them.

By: Kinda
#2by:    

Every sorority on campus is going to give you the same core experience. It makes the campus feel a little smaller, helps you to meet a bunch of people, and provides an avenue for getting involved. All of the sororities including the ones that are considered bottom tier swap with fraternities and have formals and socials. The guys at the school honestly kind of suck, and there are guys from certain fraternities who only care about girls whose sororities have clout. But if you are a cute and social girl, you are going to end up getting into every fraternity party you want to get into, invited to Nola etc. so I would say it doesn't really matter unless all you want to do is hang out at DKE.

By: Rarely

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Also   

Most girls in most other houses won't care if you're in a "lower tier" house. You'll make friends in your dorm, classes, other activities and they'll be from all different houses. If you encounter a girl who is so snobby she won't be your friend bc you're in a "bottom" house, you don't want to be friends with her anyway.

By: Also
#3by:    

I think the two posts above me are spot on. They are both honest. My advice to you is go through recruitment and do not share every part of your experience day to day. Try and keep it personal, so that you are not influenced by the opinions of others. See how you feel at the end with the houses you are left with. It is really an individual choice when you think about it and it depends on you as to how you will make the most of the bid you are offered. It is all in your control at the very end and the positive attitude that you take on Bid Day.

By: truist
by: zzz   

amen sista

By: zzz

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.