facebook

house selection

by: Sophomore

I am rushing as a sophomore this fall and I am of course going in with an open mind, and I was wondering if my options are very limited due to the fact I am a sophomore, and will I basically have a zero percent chance getting into an old row sorority?

Posted By: Sophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: As    

As long as you have a good gpa, recs, and know some girls, you will be fine. There is an upperclassmen quota at Alabama, which means that every sorority can take a certain number of upperclassmen and not have it affect their actual quota during recruitment (for example, if quota is 100 with an upperclassmen quota of 10, then they can take 110+ girls). I rushed as a junior and I got the house that I wanted from day 1 and I know several sophomores that rushed and are in old row sororities so don't worry as long as you meet the standard requirements that everyone has to.

By: As
by: WhatMay 21, 2014 5:46:50 PM

Is considered a good gpa for recruitment.

By: What
by: heyMay 25, 2014 6:19:09 PM

Did you know a lot of girls already?

By: hey
#2  by: ^   

To be completely safe, a 3.5, but a 3.0-3.2 is the lowest you should have. If your grades are any lower than that, sorority life probably is not for you.That goes for upperclassmen as well.

By: ^
#3  by: House   

So like happens if you don't anyone in the houses?

By: House
#4  by: If    

If you are a sophomore and not a transfer, you should know at least a few sorority girls from class or other things you were involved in. Personally, when I rushed as a junior, all of my friends were already in sororities so I had no problem when it came to knowing people. If you don't know any one, you aren't completely out of luck but I do find it strange that you wouldn't know anyone at all.

By: If
#5  by: if    

if you know girls that will help

By: if

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.