facebook

what can you ask?

by:    

as a freshman going through rush is it okay to ask about how religious a sorority is or is that bad to do?

Posted By: freshman religious belief
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Are u serious Clark

By: Lucy
#2by:    

No questions about Boys, Biden, Bible or Booze!!

By: No B’s Please
by: These   

Boys, Ballots, Booze, Beliefs, and Bucks

By: These
#3by:    

That's a no-no in conversation, anywhere and anytime, when you don't know people well. There are religious girls of all kinds and and non-religious girls too everywhere, so you will find your group, and remember that no sorority is based around religious beliefs.

By: No-No
by: not really    

@ No-No- agree that these are taboo topics, but completely disagree that "no sorority is based around religious beliefs”. Pretty much every single NPC sorority was formed by Christian Women and reference “God” as a part of Ritual ❤️

By: not really
by: ^   

Mine only references Greek deities in rituals, nothing Judeo-Christian. Some others do, but not all, and regardless, the point is that there is no religious requirement, no belief requirement, no worship requirement for an NPC sorority regardless of founding or what may be mentioned in a ritual.

By: ^
by: mine   

mine actually references Christ in ritual. our nationals is currently evaluating our ritual b/c it is potentially offensive to Non-Christians

By: mine
by: Actually    

@really, it shows that ur alum bc religion is being written out of many rituals. Rituals have changed since the 90s

By: Actually
by: Christianity    

In 1867 when Pi Beta Phi was established, the Founders were Christians and hence some of the private ritual reflect this. Failure of Pi Phis to mention this to pnms. has caused much havoc.
When pnms. who are Christian phobic become Pi Phis, they feel deceived, becoming very angry and bitter, demanding under the banner of DEI. all the "jesus stuff" be eliminated.

By: Christianity
by: not all   

&Actually I think this is true for a lot of houses however, some houses are really divided on whether or not they should change ritual on national level

By: not all
#4by:    

AGD is (overall) the most religious and conservative from my experience. Someone wrote a while back “you won’t go AGD if you don’t have a bible verse in your Instagram bio”

By: Observation
#5by:    

my house has removed a lot of religious references to be dei

By: srats and religion
#6by:    

my sorority is named after a Saint so…….

By: snakey

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.