facebook

rushing w no connections?

by:    

i’m rushing in the fall and i’m from far oos (illinois). idk anyone at bama and i know how competitive rush is here, so i was wondering how hard it would be to rush without knowing anyone? i don’t care about rankings at all, i just want a bid, but is there a big chance i would be completely dropped?

Posted By: northernpnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

YOUR GPA MATTERS MORE THAN ANYTHING.

It will not hurt you substantially to get a bid to be out fo state. Many girls in ZTA and PM are not from alabama...For example... there’s a girl in a top house (phi mu) who is from PC 2023. She’s from CALIFORNIA. The advice I would give is to keep your insta set to public and look for opportunities to meet or socialize with other PNMs.

By: To PNM
by: GPA   

Kylan just posted a tiktok a couple of days ago about GPA being the most important factor that houses are looking at for new members.

By: GPA
#2by:    

Over 90% of pnm's get a bid, and the vast majority that don't are because they dropped out on their own. You will be just fine and get a bid if your GPA is good and you can hold a decent social conversation.

By: you're fine
#3by:    

This is the toughest advice to take, but you have to be open-minded. Some girls coming from OOS will get top houses and there are many that do not. Just bring your best self, be confident and don't get too set on one house. If you stay until the end you will be placed.

By: jw
by: Enough    

and again here comes another “top” houses comment. op asked about getting a bid not about rankings smh

By: Enough
#4by:    

You’ll be fine. Despite the comments on this toxic site, all the houses are good here. With no connections, you’ll end up in a NR house unless your GPA is a 4.5 and then maybe you’ll get into AGD or XO with no connections. NR houses are great and in some cases are much better sisterhoods. Don’t stress.

By: Relax.
by: not true   

I'm from OOR with no connections (but a high GPA) and ended up with 1 NR and 1 OR(not one of the 2 you mentioned) at pref.

By: not true
#5by:    

tbh there are a bunch of ppl from Illinois at Bama, especially in NR

By: ?
#6by:    

This exact post is on so many other school greekranks.

By: BS
#7by:    

@northernpnm you will find a house if you maximize your options throughout the week. There is a very small chance you will be totally dropped. Yes, you can be totally dropped, but it is a small chance. If you only are looking for a bid there is a very good chance you will receive one. If you are looking for a bid from a certain house than that is another story.

By: felicia
#8by:    

To the person that always downvotes any all comments about GPA, why?? It's a fact that first round cuts are based on GPA. Can you still get a house with a lower GPA, absolutely but you will have far fewer options. It even states this in the chart in Greek Chic.

By: Why??

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Cuts    

Cuts for grades 1st round is pretty standard at every school. It’s not new information. The person downvoting is not giving realistic advice. Having that information also really helps after getting ur invites back 1st round for the girls that may have a 3.2 and not understand why they were cut so much. Having that information up front makes recruitment a better process for pnms

By: Cuts
#9by:    

GPA is important, but a close friend of mine was cut from an insane amount of houses and her gpa was through the roof. I will go as far as saying she is very friendly, attractive, and came with no drama that anyone could dig up. She did not have a glossy IG or TT presence. I think that probably hurt her a bit. I want to be honest here with pnms that there is no solid rule on what gets you through the week. GPA is important, but it won't necessarily get every pnm through. Don't worry about everything. So many factors come into play that are out of your control. Be yourself and enjoy the week because your experience is unique to you and won't mirror anyone that has come before you.

By: layne
#10by:    

I really wish people would be honest about what houses use to select members. I mean really honest. Roll eyes

By: aleo
by: Yes   

Please!

By: Yes

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.