facebook

What they don't say about rush

by:    

You know what gets me about rush; how girls recruit you so hard saying they love their house, found their best friends, etc. but then after rush you never see them at another sorority event. My big and I met during rush and I absolutely loved her and she was one of the reasons I picked my house. After I was initiated I never saw her again. Literally. She never went to the house, never to a sorority event, nothing. She lived with girls from other sororities and went to their date parties with them. I asked her if she hates the house why is she still in it, she said she doesn't pay for it her parents do so she doesn't care. I found this to be true for not only my sorority but other sorority girls too. I'm a sophomore now and I see my friends doing the same thing with our sorority. They never go to anything and just don't care. They even rushed girls and then never speak to them at all. It's such a sad part of recruitment.

Posted By: Rush
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

This is the sad side of GL. There are countless girls that feel this way. This is one reason why many drop and the rest that feel the same way just stay for a variety of reasons. You need to let it go and make the best of the time in your sorority. Things change after the massive excitement during recruitment.

By: lea

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#2by:    

My parents pay my sorority dues but that has never caused me to not appreciate my sorority. You only get out of it what you put into it, so just going through the motions is just a waste of space and ruins it for other people as well as yourself.

By: No way
#3by:    

someone copied this word for word and pasted on the Miami University OHIO GR page in a hate post against Miami's AXO

just bumping it bc i just told everyone on miami's page to look for the same post here. just making it easy for everyone to find.

By: sincerely, me
by: Wow    

That’s crazy why would someone copy from our page? I just looked at Miami’s page - wow I thought here was mean but omg Miami Ohio is absolutely brutal.

By: Wow
#4by:    

I understand this completely. My big dropped though. I also joined because I really enjoyed talking to her during rush. She stopped going to everything and then when it came time for spring, dropped. She really didn't like the sorority. We are still friends, and I don't hold it against her at all. But, I do wonder if it wasn't for her what sorority I would have ended up in. A few girls in my pledge class want to drop also but their parents already paid so they will drop going into junior year and just not go to anything this spring. I feel there is a mix of girls who like the sorority and those that don't. I have now learned not to believe any sorority posts on ig.

By: To add on
#5by:    

I have been one those members that are okay with someone dropping. It is not for everyone, and I am fine with that. Most pnms have no clue what is involved in sorority membership, and they go through recruitment because so many are doing it. It is an exciting time before school starts and they don't want to miss out on any experience. When it all settles, and they get into the routine many find it is not what they thought it would be. The glossies don't always tell the full story and that is also okay. For some, sorority life is the end-all-be-all and for others it just falls short. I think pnms just need to be realistic and not put so much weight on one or two factors when choosing their houses. That way they won't be as disappointed.

By: sara
by: I don’t    

Have a lot of family “” left. Like almost none. He’s helped more than anyone. 🙄 I’ll see ya out there. In the am’s

I love you

Frank

By: I don’t
#6by:    

Pnm's should never ever choose a sorority based on a rush crush because that is one girl out of hundreds in the chapter. It is better to look around at the pnm's rushing with you from round to round, and when it comes down to prefs, take a real close look at who will likely be in your nm class - they are going to make or break your sorority experience, not the older girls, especially not one single girl, so make a better decisions based on your pnm peers.

By: better
by: good advice   

I wish I heard this before I rushed. I based too much on the girls that were rushing me in the house. I also then looked up a lot of the girls online and judged them on ig and tt. You are right to make sure you can see yourself with the girls around you at pref. I love my big and her friend group but I don't have any actual friends in my pledge class.

By: good advice

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.