facebook

letters of recommendation

by: ?

Would a particular house drop someone during recruitment because they only had one recommendation letter to their house? Or do we need two for each? I know some house specifically stated they only wanted one because it was less to keep up with.

Posted By: ?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: As   

As long as you have one rec letter you are fine. We will drop for one letter but not for having multiple. However, if you send us like 5 rec letters (it's ridiculous but believe me, some people do) it gets really annoying. One good rec is perfectly fine.

By: As
by: DoMay 16, 2014 10:02:16 AM

Personal letters of support in addition to recs also help? Or is that overkill?

By: Do
by: ^May 16, 2014 12:49:05 PM

Letters of support are not required here and are just annoying and overkill.

By: ^
by: SoMay 16, 2014 4:19:52 PM

You will drop for one letter but not for having multiple- so basically are we better off just having two sent for each house? (Except for the houses we know specifically only want one.)

By: So
by: ^May 16, 2014 11:17:14 PM

As long as we really like you it doesn't matter if you have a rec or not. I didn't have a rec for the house that I ended up in (which was my too choice all week) and if you don't have a rec and we want you we will find someone to write a rec for you during the week. However, DO NOT RELY ON THIS. You need to try to have at least one rec for every house and some houses will cut you completely after the first round if you don't have a rec or something else to really make you stand out (and I mean REALLY stand out--there will be hundreds of girls with 4.0s that are homecoming queens and debutantes so don't think that you're a special star because most girls will be just as prepared as you). Two recs is okay at the most but more than that is annoying. But you will never get cut for only having one rec!

By: ^
#2  by: PLEASE   

Only send 2 recs. Letters of support are annoying and unnecessary and the website states that we do not accept these in our recruitment. If it's a legacy letter or from someone at nationals, that's different, but don't have some random alum write a LOS

By: PLEASE
#3  by: Southernm   

Hey, you really should get recs for each house. Not having recs will decrease your chances of getting a bid to a house you may really end up loving during rush. If a house (as in not UA, or a friend who has a friend in a sorority) specifically instructs to only send one rec, then only send one. But if a house doesn't state either way, I would send 2 per house. Also, ask the people writing them for you to not attach anything to the rec forms, but to type them on the computer and adjust the info that way. Sometimes when people write "please see attachment" it won't be looked at, or looked at as closely, since the girls have so many letters to go through. Hope this helps

By: Southernm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.