facebook

Do people actually choose new row?

by: nr or

Everyone on this site says that ranks don't matter, every house is great blah blah. But does anyone actually CHOOSE new row over old row if they have the chance? All my roomates had two ORs on pref so idk who to ask, i guess my question is, do you know of any cases of girls that preffed NR over OR?

Posted By: nr or
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Yes   

There are 2-3 NR houses that compete with OR depending on what a girl is looking for. If someone is looking for a more social house then ZTA and Aphi are usually in the mix. ZTA has also been climbing the ranks in grades recently. If someone is looking for a more involved/ all around experience then PiPhi and Adpi are typically in the mix.

By: Yes
by: thisJan 15, 2024 4:12:30 PM

Facts. Also depends on where you are from. The bulk of many OR houses will be Alabama girls who have know each other since camp or high school (or younger). They will have some OOS or even some OOR girls, but it can get a bit lonely for those from other parts of the country.

By: this
by: QuestionJan 16, 2024 7:29:33 AM

Is it true for all OR that girls from OOR will feel left out or lonely or are there OR houses that provide the same social experience regardless of where you come from?

By: Question
by: …Jan 16, 2024 9:55:29 AM

OOS girls in OR houses tend to form their own group bc while they aren’t excluded their aren’t necessarily welcomed. Many do feel left out bc OR girls tend to know each other prior to rush.

By: …
by: yepJan 22, 2024 3:13:50 PM

I agree. I liked these three new row houses when I went through and really couldn't tell a difference b/t PBP and ADP and some of the old row houses.

By: yep
#2  by: Yep   

I preffed and OR house and a NR house and chose a NR house. Would do it all over again.

By: Yep
#3  by: Lots   

Lots of girls love ZTA and PiPhi during rush. They def compete w OR. Girls chose them first. If u aren’t from AL, OR isn’t as important.

By: Lots
#4  by: Oos    

If you are from oos you really don’t know about or care about old row. Or did pref a lot of oos from what I saw these two years but girls picked new row just because they were afraid they would feel like an outsider within the sorority. I still stick by kkg really being the most Alabama of the row. Basically mountain brook and vestavia. So many other Birmingham girls are choosing new row. Zta is getting a ton of Alabama girls. I’m happy for the girls because college is to branch out and meet new people not just people you went to hs with - you don’t have to stay in Birmingham after grad if you don’t want to. I absolutely love everything about the south but Alabama is not the place I want to live 1 any other southern state will do.

By: Oos
#5  by: ells   

In my experience, I found there were two types of groups. One wanted OR no matter what because of the history and all of the gossip they have heard from friends and family. The other group went with the sorority that they felt was more social and would give them that top experience. That was usually two main groups from NR. It really depends on the person.

By: ells
#6  by: OOS   

I chose NR. A lot of girls do. This isn’t a fresh take or big news.

By: OOS
#7  by: OOS   

NR is really desirable to OOS PNMs. Not everyone wants to be OR

By: OOS
#8  by: Yep.   

OOR girls want NR.

By: Yep.
#9  by: Ngl   

I chose NR over OR. I am from the South. I am ngl bc I did struggle. My mom is southern sorority and kept pushing for me to choose OR bc she was probably reading on this site if I had to guess. But I always wanted zeta or aphi. I am from a small town and went to private school w lots of rules. Zeta & Aphi seemed fun. I wanted that. After hs, I was tired of having to be careful about what I posted and did. I liked PM too. I was rushed by some great girls.

By: Ngl

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.