facebook

COB for spring

by:    

The following chapters are eligible for Continuous Open Bidding (COB) beginning the start of the Spring 2024 semester:

Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Omicron Pi
Alpha Phi
Delta Zeta
Sigma Kappa

Posted By: look
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Really? Where did you see this? I thought Aphi was okay this year and also dz.

By: ?
by: ^   

Why did you think those two were okay?

By: ^
by: Huh   

DZ is not COBing, they aren’t on the website for COB im confused

By: Huh
by: They were   

They were on the list when it was posted but asked to have their name removed so their name is no longer appearing because they aren’t participating in COB or they already have their girls picked out.

By: They were
#2by:    

This is LIES!!! APhi and delta zeta are not eligible for COB!!! They are NOT COBING

By: Source???
by: Simple search   

It’s posted on UA Panhellenic under COB….so yes OP is accurate.

By: Simple search
by: Um no   

I hate the slander against DZ on this site, they aren’t even under the tab for COB, they are NOT doing COB, spread the truth they are a great sorority and are getting a lot more competitive with the higher houses. Also APhi was really strong this year too idk why they are on there

By: Um no
by: Not slander   

How is being eligible for COB considered slander?? DZ was on the list but is choosing not to participate so they had their name removed.

By: Not slander
by: Calm down   

Dang girl calm down! It’s just the COB list. Nobody’s out to get DZ. 💀💀💀

By: Calm down
#3by:    

Wow, I didn't check Panhell. I was under the impression that aphi and dz weren't. I thought both had really strong pledge classes this year. I know some of my friends dropped (sophomores ) so I guess it is to make up for all those drops?

By: ?
by: Yah   

This really has nothing to do with strong pledge classes from 23. It’s the older girls moving, dropping, graduating, etc. Not that big of a deal.

By: Yah
by: ???   

so what makes a 'really strong pledge class?' it's not taking cringy rushtok girls like you bama voyuers think. if you went to school here, you would know that cob is typical for aphi and dz. nothing to see here.

By: ???
#4by:    

Straight from the website.
Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Omicron Pi
Alpha Phi
Delta Zeta
Sigma Kappa

By: Panhellenic
by: No   

DZ isn’t on there, I also heard Pi Phi was too but I don’t see them either

By: No
by: They were   

DZ was originally on the list but asked to be removed. Pi Phi did the same thing in the fall.

By: They were
#5by:    

Best of Luck to them all! Go get some great girls!!!

By: riley
#6by:    

But even if eligible, they might opt to not do it?

By: Hmm
by: Yep   

even if eligible the chapter may elect not to participate in COB.

By: Yep
by: options   

Chapters that only have a few open spots will offer them quietly to girls they already had their eye on.

By: options
#7by:    

Theta and Gphi aren’t eligible. They have been underrated for years. Good job girls!

By: Congrats.
by: ????   

I don't understand this comment. Are you saying that because those 2 aren't on the COB list this semester that makes them better somehow? Theta was on the list in the fall and Gphi is also usually on the list as well. They were on it last spring (2023) and fall of 2022, along with a ton of other houses including one OR typically considered "top row". Can we stop with the COB hate already? It's only an issue if a house is losing large amounts of girls each semester. Typically a house is on the list because they have a small amount of openings due to graduations. It's also not an issue if a house is eligibile but chooses NOT to participate. That typically means these houses already have someone in mind to fill the spot(s).

By: ????
#8by:    

Can someone explain to me why COB is considered such a bad thing? I mean I get it if a sorority is losing 50 girls every semester but if a sorority only loses 10 girls, what is so bad about using COB to extend invites to girls who are interested? Isn’t it expected that NR houses would lose more girls due to having higher rates of OOS and OOR new members?? Somebody help me understand what I’m missing.

By: Question

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ^^   

It’s just GR bullies that make up fact rules about what makes a “good house”.There is nothing wrong w COB. There is a lot wrong w the GR bully comments

By: ^^
by: you got it   

You have got it spot on. Members graduate in December, go on internships, take alum status as seniors, and some decide to transfer schools or decide that sorority life is not for them. These instances happen in all houses. And a few houses are on the upswing and increasing their memberships after building new houses. All normal and good. Red flags are huge gaps in membership each semester, meaning there's something wrong in the chapter with the sisterhood and with the grades (these go hand in hand) and are easy to see from the grade reports.

By: you got it
#9by:    

how many spots does aphi have they reached out to girls yet?

By: op
#10by:    

Pi Phi is eligible but they took their name off the list.

By: and
by: Spring   

That was in the fall. For spring it looks like DZ has decided to remove their name from the list based on the Panhellenic site as of today.

By: Spring

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.