facebook

stem majors in sororities

by:    

Are there girls that are a math major/ computer science major in the sororities? If there are, approximately, how many?

Posted By: whdja
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Maybe one or two in each sorority. Most girls just have dumb majors like psychology or general ed. not too many girls at this school care about academics at all. If they did they wouldn’t go here. In general, academics at bama are garbage. If you are a serious student, go anywhere else.

By: Helpful
#2by:    

I’m an engineering major and most Greek girls in my classes are alpha gams, dgs, and aopis

By: Stem girlie
by: ^   

Lol no u r not. Nobody that does well in high school goes to bama. Sorry but the academics here r garbage

By: ^
by: me too   

STEM with free ride for 4 years.

By: me too
by: French’s   

Cut the mustard? Are you 37 years old?

No one says that. Literally no one.

By: French’s
by: Ahrkq   

I want to go to bama but these comments scare me 😭

By: Ahrkq
by: Decision   

Don’t come then. Save the spot for someone who wants to be here.

By: Decision
#3by:    

There ARE girls in stem and finance economics.

Stem - generally more pre-med focused than engineering/computer science. Like other schools, more start out pre-med (and ultimately eventually pursue PA and PT). There are those that do get accepted to med, DO, and dental schools.

I’d agree it’s a small percentage.

Most common major “marketing” if I had a guess. \n\n\n\n\n

By: Truth
by: writer   

yeah im going to be doing data science or cybersecurity. i wanted to do industrial but they dont offer it at bama.

By: writer
#4by:    

In mine there are a lot of business, biology and nursing. But I'm a sophomore so not sure if the nursing majors will make it into the program.

By: NT

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

like programs during school to get experience?

by: program   

No, she means the upper division of 'the program' that you have to complete to get your nursing degree. You have to take the pre-nursing part first and then you have to qualify to get promoted into the upper division. Not every nursing major makes it into the upper division.

By: program
#5by:    

I will bite on this question because I am a STEM major. There are next to no STEM majors in my sorority and I will tell you why. If you are trying to get into a professional school you have to really pull a strong gpa and a high score on the entrance exam. That means you have to keep the grades up from day 1 and study for months for the entrance exam on top of your rigorous courses. This has to be done while you are involved in all sorority events. It is really a challenge. You can't let one semester pull you down, so it is hard to enjoy your sorority like other members can.
Nursing is a bit easier than true STEM, but you do compete for a spot in the cohort. What is great about Bama nursing is they don't try to kill you. They don't chunk the tough courses together like some unis and it makes all the difference in your studies. Bama you take say a 12 credit semester with patho/dosage calc/foundations/health asses, but at other unis you take 15 hours and you take patho and pharm together along with three other courses, but they also toss in dosage calc on the side for no credit. It is more doable at Bama, so you will find more nursing majors.
Anything is possible if you put in the time, but there is only so much time. You can't be out at parties and events majority of the week, be on a committee, attend meetings and still keep up with STEM classes/labs/studies. It is no piece of cake even at Bama. That's why you don't see a large amount of girls in these majors. You can't do it all and do it all well. plus, it is really tough watching others have so much fun when you struggle passing on things because of STEM.

By: info
by: denise   

Someone is sour. lol

I think the poster's point here is STEM is more difficult and time consuming compared to other majors. You will have to put in more hours on average studying and more time for labs. If you take bio and chem in a semester you will also have six hours of labs. That is six hours more in class that you can't study or be at the house for an event.

It doesn't really matter how high Bama is ranked. A typical STEM student has a greater time investment which means less to party or be at the house.

By: denise
#6by:    

Nursing major and mid-tier sorority member.

Pre-nursing is not that hard. I managed to juggle all pre-recs and get As. I made sure I studied because I knew I had to be promoted to upper level. I stressed myself out, but I was able to have fun in my sorority and still pull the grades I needed.

Upper level you can also do while in your sorority because things slow down in your sorority when you are a junior/senior. I will say it is harder to make an A in upper level due to the grading scale, but if that doesn't bother you then you will be fine. Even with clinicals the nursing program is not that hard. You can do both.

By: hunc
by: llll   

@hunc yes to all you posted re nursing

By: llll
#7by:    

based off of socials, i know bella grace and lauren norris little are stem majors. maybe pi phi takes in a lot of stem girlies!

By: !!!
#8by:    

The trolls are unbelievable….

There is no reason that if you succeed academically in the right majors and clubs at Bama that you won’t graduate with great career opportunities.

Plenty of examples of med school; law school; Wall Street/bulge bracket bank; accounting firm; consulting firm; nursing; PA/PT school placements.

That being said, Greek life has plenty of Mrs majors and party majors too - that’s no different than anywhere!

By: Trolls

thank you so much for ur advice! the comments really made me worried but this really reassured me 🥹🥹🥹

#9by:    

All u ppl r delusional. Bama ain’t even ranked top hundred. The school has an 80 percent acceptance rate. The school attracts pure retards

By: Real talk

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.