facebook

Let's try something different here

by:    

Lots of chat about ranks, but I am curious about how actives feel after being on campus a while and getting to know all of the sororities. (So, you can just answer the questions or if you feel like it say why you feel the way you do now)

What houses did you pref?

After being on campus for a semester or even years now, which houses would you have liked to pref?

Posted By: lise
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

I pref'd ZTA & GPhi

After 4 years on campus, I would have liked to have been invited to pref these houses: AXO, DDD, PBP & DDD

By: interesting
#2by:    

She’s definitely a cross between AXO KD and PM

By: -

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I went to pref at zta and kd. I wanted phi mu - I couldn't see myself there now but I always wondered what it would have been like. Now as a junior I couldn't care less what sorority girls are in. I just want to hang out with girls that I can count on and that are there for me. I have a few friends in my house, but most of my friends are in a house that is usually ranked bottom on here which is so incredibly stupid as over the years I see how strong their sisterhood is. We never ever discuss ranks.

By: yr 3
by: ^   

Why r u still on here if you are a junior? You clearly are not happy. And are still holding on to something or wanting/ looking for something that you ain’t going to get.

By: ^
by: wtf   

If you don't have something nice to say then don't say it.

By: wtf
#4by:    

^ I'm on here because let's be real I love seeing all the drama. This site is delusional and I'm here for it. I'm bored this morning.

By: Lol
#5by:    

It's obvious this is a place where some come just to start drama.

By: MG
#6by:    

I preffed pi phi and phi mu and chose pi phi. Now being in it I am soooo happy. Phi mu holds themself on a pedestal thinking they are top but their only top pc are the seniors. They have gone very downhill and the girls are rude.

By: :)
#7by:    

Prefed KKG and KD, got KKG!!!

By: W
#8by:    

I wish people on here were more truthful about recruitment.Its really hard.You are constantly comparing yourself to others that get asked back to the houses u really wanted.You get excited about a house and then you get dropped.It affects your confidence. I am happy where I ended up but I’ve always wondered what it would have been like to be in the house I wanted.

By: Pref
by: funny   

THIS!

No one wants to be honest. They just like repeating that it will all work out in the end and trust the process. No one talks about how a pnm just wants to return to houses to be given a chance to meet members, but they are dropped quickly. Members have no clue if someone will be a fit for membership if they don't get to meet them and spend time with them. Be honest, what are they judging on if they are not spending time with a pnm? It is rough on countless pnms. Imagine how many pnms are repeatedly dropped from groups they like by the end of the week. It's not pretty.

By: funny
by: Question    

To your point - all you wonderful girls got dropped from “houses you wanted”, but ended up together in a different house!

Honest - it’s easy to get caught up in the rush emotions. Especially now (that Bama is tik tok famous).

Yes there are girls that cross rush/pref the expected similar houses. But plenty do not - which shows that the differences are exaggerated on GR

My pref - ZTA and KKG (loved them both) got the house I wanted and never looked back.

You make your friends in the house. They may or may not fit the supposed “type”’of the house. Generally, five to ten girls out of 400. And with those friends you generally think you are in the “best house”. That’s why I am suspicious of ranks from actives here - most girls think they are in a great place. I can’t imagine a self respecting active coming here to rank another house “top”.

In the real world - Bama sorority girl is going to be more similar to each other than not - despite the house.

And, in the Tuscaloosa “bubble” - post recruitment- people take you for you and not your house.

You are not made more fun, smart, rich, pretty, happy, or involved because of your house.

Pan love. It’s a great experience. Enjoy. \n\n\n\n\n

By: Question
#9by:    

I went to pref at kd and agd. I’m a kd. I also really like axo and ddd.

by: KD love!   

I went to KD during rush and sadly didn’t vibe but have gotten to know several this past year and wish I would have gone to Pref with them.

By: KD love!
by: ^   

How many diIdos do u own?

By: ^
by: sad   

The KD hate on this site is comical.

By: sad
#10by:    

I preffed kd and kappa because I’d been told by family members that they were the most selective and were the top picks at bama. Looking back, as an out-of-state southerner, I wish I had looked at tri delt more and maybe even chi o. My boyfriend is in an old row fraternity (not dke, ka, or sae), and the tri delt girls I’ve met through his events have been so much more laid back and genuinely happy with their sorority experience.

by: X   

I had a really similar experience and went KKG after taking them and DDD to pref! My bf is also in an OR fraternity that isn’t one of the usual KKG/KD groupie ones. I got dropped from KD after philanthropy, but a lot of my friends and my roommate went KD. I think part of me went Kappa bc it made me feel less insecure after getting dropped since they’re basically the same house. As a senior, I don’t think either were the right pick for me and I wish I had branched out more. Both KD and Kappa are top houses, but I completely agree that I would have felt more comfortable and confident in DDD. There’s just more of a mix of girls and less pressure for a social hierarchy. It’s not that I regret my choice, but it definitely was difficult for me trying to fit in coming from out of state.

By: X

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.