facebook

Set the tradition free

by:    

Reading this site really makes me concerned for young girls especially freshmen and incoming girls participating in bama rush 2024. Girls, DO NOT let anyone on here convince you that you can't have fun if you don't go OR.

People on here love talking about "top PNMs" and "top houses" but in reality getting a bid at alabama is HARD and houses will immediately see through fake people. You are not less worthy of a sorority simply because you weren't born in AL/the south. Want to know what Alabama girls have that you don't? Nothing! Because you can't assume anything about a person before even talking to them. Whether a PNM walks into a house and is from Alabama, Florida, Texas, California, New Jersey, she will ALWAYS be treated with respect. Houses that cut you just because of the place you were born and raised, something you CANNOT CHANGE btw, were not good houses to begin with.

If you read OR posts on here you can see that Kappa and KD have a history of primarily recruiting girls from Mountain Brooks, Mobile and Montgomery in AL, and if you are not from those towns it's PERFECTLY FINE! With all of our sororities here, there's bound to be a group that tries to be more "exclusive". But that doesn't automatically mean you will like them. Instead of trying to make houses like you during rush, try to find out which houses you like. Picking a house based off of imaginary ranks on websites like these will only give you temporary satisfaction. But this is not real life, and you will be so much happier joining your favorite house, making friends who all saw the same things in the house as you did, and living in with girls you love.

Posted By: kendall
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

SIDE NOTE: Don't worry about if you're a "top PNM" or not. Ranking 17 and 18 year olds girls based off their looks and zip codes is creepy and borderline intrusive. Just be yourself during rush, and you WILL find your home. Roll Tide!

By: kendall
#2by:    

I do agree with this, but the problem is you are judged on where your parents have decided to raise you. You are judged on what your parents do for a living. You are judged on where you vacation, the car you drive, how you dress, and definitely what you look like. Telling someone a house is not good because of that is tough to swallow. That will cut out a large number of houses. Also, there are 400 members in a house and not all in the house follow this mantra. This is why the entire process is crazy.

By: jaime

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: ?   

She never said that the houses weren’t good bc they r judgemental. She said don’t buy into the hype that u will only have a good experience if u good to a “top” house.

By: ?
#3by:    

Sorority rush was crazy from both sides. I would say only at kappa did I feel like I had to be from the south as they were more exclusively southern. I was never treated badly and I love plenty of girls in that sorority but I feel that one is the one that is holding on to being more southern. The other old row houses seem to include more west, midwest, and northern girls. Even KD was welcoming and my roommate preffed them an a new row house and she would have been happy in either (she is from mass).

By: Fr
#4by:    

What bothers me most is pnms are judged by peers that don't know jack. It's not like they are mature and seasoned in life. They make swift choices based on factors that pnms have no control over. You can be the most amazing person, but we all know judgements are made more on what your parents decided to do in life and not on what the pnm has control over. You just have to go with the week and see where it takes you.

By: GG
#5by:    

U r the same person that’s begging for the bar to be lowered, the standards reduced, and a minimum wage raise

By: Wut
by: L   

It’s actually raising the standards of how others interact and treat each other.

By: L
by: ^   

We aren’t all equal. Only those on the bottom want equal treatment.

By: ^
by: Um…   

Everyone deserves to be treated w respect. If u can’t do that bc someone is considered “bottom” that says a lot about u

By: Um…
by: ^   

Ur “southern pride” is showing

By: ^
#6by:    

This entire post sounds like a sob story on why some girl from the north decided to come invade our southern peace and try to rush OR, and then got rejected with only gphi left. Sororities here were built on tradition and that's how it will always be, we don't need to be "inclusive" just because you demand us to. You coming to our state and taking up spots that actual southern women deserved to take up is the worst thing you have ever done. I don't get why you outsiders can't just go to penn state or rutgers and let our traditions remain. Hopefully bama rush on tiktok finally ends so we can stop drawing publicity and get rid of our pesky outsiders once and for all!

By: Omg
by: No   

Nobody asked u to be inclusive. She is just saying all houses r great and u don’t need to go OR to have a good experience. Y’all r insufferable

By: No
by: Look   

Wow! Look how classy OR acts. That reaction is what I think of when I think of southern charm.

If u can read than why r u saying she wants OR to be inclusive? She didn’t say that, at all. She said u do u and u got super triggered. Then I triggered u too apparently. Maybe u need an anger management class or not wrap ur self worth up in OR…it’s not healthy, look at urself

By: Look
by: Lol   

Looks like OR grandma has her panties in a twist, lol!

By: Lol

^ learn to respect southern culture

by: SAE   

SAE come get ur boy…too many💊💊🍺🍺🍺

By: SAE
by: Lol   

"learn to respect southern culture" - you mean this?

the Lost Cause: a campaign created by pro-Confederates after the Civil War to promote the lie that they seceded for state's rights. -- In the 1860's, 11 southern states withdrew from the United States and formed the Confederacy.

By: Lol

^ u don’t fit in

by: Look   

PNMs this is a member of an OR frat. This is how they act. Take note and don’t hang out with OR. They show u who they r

By: Look
by: Hey genius   

They’re not “taking a spot.” If they’re ranked higher than an Alabama PNM…by women in the sorority…then that’s who they selected to be their new sister.

Sometimes someone else gets something you want because they are the better candidate and who your grandma is won’t change that. It’s called the real world. Too bad .

By: Hey genius
#7by:    

Clearly some girls mom wrote this. Make it less obvious. Dear mom, your daughter does not cut the mustard.

by: Yes   

I agree

By: Yes
#8by:    

What is wrong with people?

By: wow
#9by:    

Girls in AXO and Phi Mu do anaI

By: Real
#10by:    

How about no. The tradition is fine

By: Smurf

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.