facebook

a love letter to my sorority

by:    

my sorority is full of kind, caring and generous women but this isn’t for me. everything i see in them is an absence of what i have. i don’t have a personality or anything interesting about me, i just know how to imitate people well enough to get by. the girls in my sorority are sweet and happy and have friends and i’ve never been able to achieve that. college has really made me hate myself and i thought a sorority would help me finally be able to relate to other people and not be trapped in my mental illness but that’s not the case. i’ve never had a social life before and i’ve tried working on a serious glow up but i’m just unfixable no matter what. i feel like a waste of a bed in the house — another girl who didn’t receive a bid from this house deserved it over me. i feel so empty and alone in my house and at this school too. i was way happier in the state i grew up in but i don’t want to take the risk by transferring to my state school because my chapter doesn’t exist there, and sororities aren’t really a thing at that school to begin with. sometimes when i used to text girls with a leadership position about how i feel they would be so kind to me and i felt so reassured that i would cry sometimes reading their messages. i really hate myself and i hate living like this and feeling like there’s no way out but i wanted to shoutout my sorority for still being full of good people despite all the bad things people say about sororities on here. i don’t belong in our house but this is the best house i ever could’ve asked to join.

Posted By: sorority girl
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

I mean this nicely-I’m worried about you. Please talk to a professional. The university has free counseling. We all struggle sometimes and it is the greatest thing ever to work with a mental health professional. No different than if you had the flu and had to go to the health center. Sending love.

By: Ffffffffffffffffffggg
by: To ^   

Be really careful what you write online. Online threats are a federal crime. Did you see what happened to the student making threats at Cornell?

By: To ^
#2by:    

I’m so sorry you’re feeling this way. The comment above is so true.

You are worthy. You are loved. You are enough.

If you’re worried about your sorority not being at a school you would rather be in you could probably go alum early. My sorority offers that if you transfer to a school that doesn’t have my sorority. You probably just have to let the chapter know so you can go through the alum ritual, whatever yours might be.

Do what feels right for you but know that your sisters chose you for a reason. They see all the good in you.

By: Sending love

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.