facebook

west coast girl

by: Seattle

I am from the Seattle area and am thrilled to attend Bama in the fall (I have family in the area). I was excited to go through rush, but heard most houses won't take any "non-southerners"

Is this true? I was homecoming princess, played soccer and am involved in Asb and leadership

Posted By: Seattle
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: Seattle    

Is wealthy, and has the highest percentage of people with a college degree ! WA is awesome for skiing, etc

The east side of the state is red

By: Seattle
#12  by: west coast active   

i'm am active from the west coast and I had a great rush! I truly preffed 3 sororities that I loved (they were all old row in my case, but I loved a lot of new houses too). I think the biggest disadvantage girls from out of the south have is that they don't realize that recs aren't optional here like they are at many west coast schools, so they get cut from lots of houses. Get your recs done, be kind and not super weird, and be prepared to answer "why did you choose alabama?" 10000 times. you'll be fine!

By: west coast active
#13  by: new row   

I'm from oos too. I preffed two new row houses and ended up in an old row house. I admit part of it was for the glorious tradition they had and just to see if I could do it. HUGE mistake. Everyone's really nice, but I still don't know them after 3 years. They don't really have time to get to know me because there are so many who have known each other since they were babies or were best friends with each other's cousins or their moms were pledge sisters or their grandmothers were. It's just REALLY a closed society. Even though they're nice as can be. I just don't really fit in. I'd say, based on my experience, go new row. I'd be happier in Theta or Gamma Phi than I am in my house.

By: new row
by: hum..May 19, 2014 1:42:46 PM

I've heard this from other girls in old row houses. I don't know. I'm from oos too and I'm in a new row house but I got dropped by the old row houses so I didn't even make it to pref there. I love my house, though, and have sisters from all around the country. Since I'm from oos, I think I actually like this better than if all my sisters were from Alabama. I came here on a scholarship and probably won't stay in this state.

By: hum..
by: ^May 19, 2014 4:26:10 PM

Why single out Theta and Gamma Phi? They are not the only houses with large amounts of girls from out of state.

By: ^
by: ???May 19, 2014 10:52:02 PM

I don't know why GPB and KAT because I didn't write it. But just as a guess maybe it's to show that all our houses are good and even ones that you see on here as a "low" house are low because they don't attract the Alabama girls that others do. I like it that they are held up as examples of houses welcoming to out of state girls.

By: ???
by: idkMay 20, 2014 11:01:46 AM

I'm not a Theta or Gamma Phi but I've heard they have good sisterhoods. I agree that you get out what you put in usually, but some houses are harder = esp if the girls have friendships that go back years or even generations. You can always be friends but its really more like acquaintances. They're not going to want you as a bridesmaid, etc. In my house there aren't that many oos girls, but they are the ones that are my friends. The Alabama girls don't really reach out that much.

By: idk
#14  by: K   

Don't EVER post specific information about yourself. There might be ten girls coming from Seattle at most. I could pick you out so easily based on the information you provided. I literally just found you

By: K
by: uhhMay 22, 2014 7:46:18 AM

all she has said is that she's from Seattle and likes Bama. Why she would leave the wealthiest part of the country for the poorest, who knows...that's her choice. But, for you to judge someone based on where they are from says a lot about you. Get a life and get out of the lil POS state of Alabama and see how the world works. STFU and go back to your trailor now. thanks

By: uhh
by: ^May 22, 2014 8:13:35 AM

First of all, the poster did not just say that she was from Seattle. She also said that she was homecoming princess, played soccer, and involved in leadership in asb. Knowing that information and the small amount of girls that come from Seattle, it is pretty easy to identify who she is. Secondly, if you hate Alabama so much, stop wasting your time posting on our boards. That's just pathetic.

By: ^
#15  by: No   

You can rush!

By: No
#16  by: yeah   

seattle is way cooler than Bama. Don't know wtf this chick is talking about

By: yeah
#17  by: if   

you like to fish and hunt, seattle and washington is the place to be.

By: if

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.