facebook

If you don’t understand why the top tier houses are

by:    

It’s because you weren’t a top pnm and you weren’t friends with the other top pnms. When you know who the top girls are and you see where they pledge year after year after year, you’ll notice it’s the same six houses.

AXO
DDD
KD
KKG
PM
XO

Posted By: reality
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

IYKYK

By: Yessssssssssss
#2by:    

I always find posts like this entertaining because it really shows the generational programming that goes on in the South.

By: Interesting
by: Agree   

Call it generational programming or long standing tradition but yeah, it’s the way the Greek system works at most schools. Top houses stay top houses forever and get first pick of the girls they want.

By: Agree
by: Wrong…..   

Getting first pick of a subset of small town girls from small town Alabama does not equate to “top”.

By: Wrong…..
#3by:    

If PM is top than Zeta is as well. PM's last 3 classes are full of mid Midwestern girls and average pageant queens. Alpha Phi pulled a much better that PC this year than PM.

By: PM
by: 😂😂😂   

Of course Aphi pulled a much better PC than PhiMu… are you okay Aphi? Are you back to lying and your old strategies to make your way to middle tier? Laughable!

By: 😂😂😂
by: SR   

@😂😂😂😂 SR and her little need I say more!

By: SR
by: Your choice    

You may if you want but we already know who you are.

By: Your choice
#4by:    

Keep shoving this OR garbage on people. OR once was a big deal here, but the time has passed and it's hanging on by a thread.

By: Lol
by: Be honest   

Keep hanging on your narrative. If you wouldn’t have been attracted by the southern life, colleges, Greek Life and politics WHY did you come here? You might have other options but you chose Alabama and now you are trying to stir the political pot.

By: Be honest
by: UA   

I know this is a really crazy concept for some…but perhaps there are people who chose this university for its academic offerings? Try to imagine for a moment, a world where people attend college for reasons other than to meet potential husbands and prolong their high school years…

By: UA
by: Cmon   

Bama offers a lot of scholarships and financial aid. It also actively campaigns to get OOS students. So, Bama is actively seeking out changing the demographics. So, those “outsiders” that r changing the political conversation r being invited to attend. They have a right to be there as well.

By: Cmon
#5by:    

All those who are against new row and outsiders and those girls that are not from alabama - you probably need to talk to admissions rather then get on here. Alabama actively recruited up north more than any other southern university and they give more money than any other college I applied too. So it has started to change and now it’s time for others to see it too. Are the or sororities good - yes and should tradition be honored a respected - also yes but it’s time for some or moms and alums to realize it isn’t the old row of the past. Big let’s be honest many girls want new row sororities over some of the old row. Even Birmingham is getting into some new row and I welcome it. Have fun - it’s only 4 years

By: Or
#6by:    

“Top” is subjective. My house wasn’t dying to get any PNM that ended up in AXO, KD, KKG, XO. Uber religious, Southern girls with mediocre looks and a middle aged mom’s wardrobe aren’t our jam. And, our PNM’s have no desire to be shipped with the short, redneck boys in DKE, SAE, etc. that have bad grades and over inflated Murdaugh egos. Having to party with them every week is real prize for being “top”.

I know this is shocking to the memaws and mamas on GR who think their plain daughter is elite and their future son-in-law is a catch because his daddy owns some no-name construction company.

By: IMO
by: Yes!   

Nailed it.

By: Yes!
by: Truth   

Lol at Murdaugh!

By: Truth
#7by:    

And all houses have a mix of in state and out of state- you can’t have over 400 girls just from one state-common sense should tell you that. And KD…. Close to half the chapter is from out of state.

By: Seriously
#8by:    

It is not about understanding OR. It is about understanding what Bama has done in its plan for the university. Over a decade ago Bama decided it wanted to make a national name for itself. They did this with a plan on all levels at the university from the look of the campus to building athletics to merit scholarships. With that brought people from across the country and change to the university. You are free to think OR is still what OR once was, but that too has changed. I love traditions just as much as the next person, but you can thank Bama for chipping away at that too. Hey, you can think OR is still what it once was, but it is not the same today. OR is still great, but NR is beginning to shine more and more each year.

By: mia
by: Bama wants OOR girls   

Bama wants to elevate its academic profile nationally so they are now recruiting and throwing money at smart kids from outside the South to try to shed their dumb, Southern, redneck reputation. Those smart kids don’t give two F’s about OR. OR can’t stand that and has to post on GR nonstop about how they are top.

By: Bama wants OOR girls
#9by:    

@mia exactly! This needs to be on every thread.

By: !!

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#10by:    

@mia finally someone with wisdom posts here

By: wow

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.