facebook

Dropping…More pros than cons?

by:    

I’m a sophomore and I’m ready to drop. I’m noticing more and more girls leave especially before junior/senior year and maybe that’s my sign. It just doesn’t feel worth it anymore. Rush, Bid Day, and freshman year swaps were fun but after that, it went completely downhill. It feels like it’s nothing but drama, nagging, and meetings now. I feel bad that my parents are paying all this money for me to be somewhere where it feels like we’re all hated or at best just treated like a number. I’ve made a couple of good friends all from different “cliques” but it’s not like we’re a whole massive squad of close-knit women. Idk why I feel bad leaving. Pomping sucks, chapter sucks, Rush Week on the other side sucks, mandatory in-house study hours suck when I can just trust myself to do that in the library or my place, philanthropy side is fine but again I can just volunteer on my own time even without a sorority. I also feel like it’s taking up so much of my time that I’m not seeing the outside campus life to it’s fullest if that makes sense. I’m just not seeing the point anymore other than the sorority using us for fines, hours, GPAs, and recruitment.

Has anyone dropped already or is thinking of dropping? Would love to know I’m at least not alone in feeling this way.

Posted By: 222
Page 2 of 2
#11by:    

Sorry this happened to you but very happy that you get to have non-stress for the next few years! You can go on a great trip with all the money you are now saving!

By: Sr
#12by:    

I really wish I wouldn’t have rushed. I had a terrible rush and then joined a house because I “trusted the process “. I wish I would have “trusted my instincts “ and dropped before initiation. I am going to try 1 more semester but then will be dropping too if this doesn’t improve.

By: Agree
#13by:    

I’m a junior in a top house. I really get nothing from my house at this point and I’m afraid that I may have to live in my house next year because in my house, seniors live in and they will force you to do so if they don’t fill the house. The thought of sharing a community bathroom, a roommate, and rules like no boys or alcohol in our room when I’ll be 22 years old is a big step backward. I am doing the bare minimum requirements. If my parents weren’t paying for my dues, I’d drop.
I had a good time my freshman year and that’s about it. So many houses have sophomores live in and that would have been so much better and probably would have made my sophomore year relevant. Drop if you want. I get it.

By: Junior Active
by: Hated it   

I lived in house as a senior and absolutely hated it for all of the reasons above. The lack of freedom might not be great for a sophomore but is awful as a senior.

By: Hated it
by: Yes yes    

During Rush, they make it seem so desired that only “seniors” get to live in the house. All part of being a “Top House” and like everyone clamoring for it!

Sororities that focus on having sophomores live in the house have it MUCH better! But when I suggested we consider doing the same, they looked at me like wasn’t “top house” material while still pushing me to live in. Had I been forced into it, I would have dropped for sure.

I wish I could warn future PNMs to RUN away from any house that reserves living in the house mostly to seniors!

By: Yes yes
#14by:    

I think a better option is going by seniority. Asking seniors and juniors first. If you don't fill the house then ask sophomores. If you can't fill at that point, then sophomores must live in until full occupancy.

By: amab

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.