facebook

why OR is top

by:    

alabama greek life is all about tradition. so is all of greek life. the top and most sought out sororities here are built on decades and decades of history, and that’s not changing anytime soon. old row sororities and frats are the standard for greek life at alabama, the are the comparison. there’s a reason why OR houses are the most involved on campus, bc most of them aren’t clout chasers who found about bama through rushtok. girls in these houses have had older family members and friends who’ve gone through this process and loved it so much now they want to share that connection. trust me, houses like aphi will come and go, but the purpose of greek life here isn’t something to gain a social media following or hook up with frat guys, these organizations were built on strengthening the bonds between women in college and providing resources for them to succeed. alabamas biggest supporters are their own alumni and alabama residents. it’s the truth but people don’t want to hear the truth

Posted By: old row
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

OR is only top in their own delusional mind. OR only matters in the country clubs of their small hometowns where a vast majority of the OR graduates will wind up and their less than stellar performance in school will get them. When more than 50 percent of the freshman come from OOR states they don't care about OR. They are looking for the house that is going to get them the big job in NY, Atlanta, LA or Dallas and it isn't the OR houses.
Let's not even talking money which is definitely not OR.

By: Wrong
by: Hehehheeh   

If they wanted big jobs in NYC they 100% wouldn’t go to bama. 78% acceptance rate LOL

By: Hehehheeh
by: #REMOVEAPHI2023   

OR is classy, wealthy, modest, and embraces what it means to be a true Southern lady. when i get married and have kids with a Southern man, i will be moving to a nice town in Alabama so that my kids will be raised to become popular in their high schools and to do well, so they too can rush at the University of Alabama and continue on the legacy. little girls dream of being in a sorority right from when they are in kindergarten, and they should have no less expectations. OR has been built on top of these values for years to come - WAY before NR came into the picture. if only we could go back to the days where we could ignore the random 50 out of state girls rushing. Yawn!

By: #REMOVEAPHI2023
by: lmaooo   

honey if your entire life revolves around bama greek life i feel sorry for ya

By: lmaooo
#2by:    

That is an archaic way of characterizing greek life at Alabama but you do you.

By: Bama
#3by:    

Did OR granny alum drink too much wine at dinner last night? No college student is posting about OR at 10:45pm on game night Saturday. These r the lies OR keeps telling themselves. Demographics at Bama have changed. OR houses r less desirable and not always “top” as they r falsely portrayed by OR grannies. The only ppl shouting tradition and social media doesn’t matter is OR. The facts are that some NR houses r actually competing w OR. They will say it’s not true but ZTAs recruitment return rates prove otherwise. Phi Mu is slipping bc of ZTA, facts. PNMs if u want OR grannies all in ur college experience bc of “tradition”, go OR. If u want a more well rounded, current college experience without weird alums, go NR.

By: ??
#4by:    

You really think only OR provides resources? I have been in many clubs on campus and I think it may make OR moms sad, but there are a lot of NR girls there working their buts off in all areas of campus life. All sororities are the same and if you think about it nationally many of the OR sororities are only good at Alabama. From what I have seen OR and NR girls are provided same resources it depends on who follows through and who works the hardest. It’s important for girls to go into a sorority and into college in general searching for their bridesmaids - not for their groom.

By: Lol

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#5by:    

The fact that there is a hierarchy of houses at Bama IS the problem. That is where all the negativity between houses on her comes from. With any hierarchy, the “top” has the most interest in keeping it that way. That is why a lot of the negativity on here can be traced back to OR. WHO benefits the most?

A woman joining any sorority on campus is going to have a very similar experience. They r going to make friends, go to events and participate in philanthropy activities. Why does one group of chapters have to be better than another when the experience is the same? Also u could pull girls from every house and they would actually be very similar. It would be hard to tell which house each one was in. All sororities have high achieving involved women so no sorority is better than another. Just because OR prefers girls from a certain area, it doesn’t make that girl or the house better.

I am sure I will get mocked for this post but it’s the truth. Anyone who thinks otherwise is more concerned with a hierarchy than the actual values of Greek life.

By: The problem is me
by: !    

Well said!

By: !
#6by:    

What are 1st round cuts based on? Anyone, anyone…..?? 1st round cuts are always based on grades. Until you can come on here and top OR in grades, don’t even attempt to claim top row (looking at you Aphi). After that it’s connections, involvement, reputation, etc…that make OR tops!

By: Sorry but,
by: Ummmm…   

Most sororities but NOT all have similar grade cutoffs so it isn’t grades that make OR “top”. Also, there r a lot of NR sororities that did better on spring 23 grade report than KD and KKG. OR grade requirements do not make OR “better”.

where did alpha phi claim they were top? OR is so obsessed with AP, they bring them up when they aren’t even part of the conversation. OR is always bashing others to make themselves “top”. That’s the problem and u did a good job proving my point.

By: Ummmm…
by: several   

There are multiple posts where Aphi attempts to rank themselves above KD and AGD. Based on what?? They might not attempt to claim top row status but they shouldn't be claiming to be above any OR houses. They shouldn't even claim to be top of NR.

By: several
by: Funny….   

I’ve seen ZTA ranked ahead of AGD and KD on GR not AP. Try again.

Also why does the ranking mean so much to u? Do grades mean that much? All chapters have above a 3.0 that is still really good. Again, ranking is stupid and there r high achieving girls in every chapter.

By: Funny….
#7by:    

OR is built on tradition, but as with everything times have changed.

OR matters most to the narrow-minded freshies who may not choose to venture out of their smaller hometowns after graduation. That's not a bad thing, but maybe that just does not appeal to a larger pool of pnms now.

NR does complete quite well with OR. Just look at ZTA for an example. Their recruitment return rates are killer. I would say they give OR a run for the money.

PNMS can have an excellent overall experience in NR just as they would in OR. It is what they put into their membership and their time in campus.

By: reece
#8by:    

Seriously, who really cares? These conversations are ridiculous. What appeals to some PNMs won't appeal to others. And that is okay. It doesn't make one group inherently better than the other. It just means they have different interests.

By: Who cares?
#9by:    

YESSSS QUEEN YOU ATE WITH THE APHI WILL COME AND GO, HOPEFULLY SOONER RATHER THAN LATER
#REMOVEAPHI2023

By: sera vi
by: lol   

Did you mean c'est la vie?

By: lol

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.