facebook

Wow alpha Gam cheaters

by:    

Hannah Whatley posting the pic of your party the night BEFORE BID DAY on TT. DIRTY RUSH. I HOPE YOU ARE PUNISHED.

Posted By: Squirrel
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

Shouldn’t have had any down votes. That girl was at an AGD party pref night. You can’t do that.

By: Ddddddddddddddd
#2by:    

Bad, but not as bad as…

All those Atlanta parents who posted themselves in Phi Mu gear BEFORE their daughters got bids.

A lot of OR rush is fixed. Connected girls will almost always beat out an unknown girl they’re meeting for first time during rush, no matter how smart, involved, pretty, rich, friendly etc,, she is. Most people at Bama know this. But still, to be this brazen is pretty unclassy.

By: Second
by: so what   

So what. It's not for a scholarship or an honor society, an internship or salary. Sororities are social clubs and the club members pick who they like, and they like girls they already know. Join one that wants you or not at all.

By: so what
by: So what?   

The “what” is that Panhellenic has a set of rules you are supposed to follow. Atlanta parents are one thing but if the alleged AGD party happened with actives - that’s pretty bad.

I saw the same post and just wondered if the pre-party pref night wasn’t just PNMs who all know that they have in’s pre-partying (i.e. little sisters, chapter legacies, etc) Still cringy, but not against the rules.

By: So what?
by: So what   

So what? It’s bid-promising if even the parents know what sorority their daughter is getting into before bid day. And it takes time to order the sorority gear, so they must have known way in advance. Nothing against choosing your friends over strangers, there’s just less classless ways to do it. But obviously, PM doesn’t care. Their rep has crashed from where it used to be.

By: So what
by: but   

RFM practically guarantees you get your first choice, so they prob told their moms how they ranked....not unheard of

By: but
by: Lol   

@but

That is very optimistic. Not everyone gets their first choice, and the parents posted the night before bid day, so it have taken more time than between pref round and bid day to order and receive Phi Mu gear…. it was fixed and bid promised way in advance.

By: Lol
by: eh   

Everyone concerned was an idiot but it worked out the way they were hoping so they weren't embarrassed.

By: eh
by: Ffffffffffffffffffggg   

Disagree. First, no proof of whatever parents you are talking about, unlike an actual name in the OP. But, even if it happened, a bunch of parents in gear were probably also in that house and knew legacies were going there at that point. Totally different from a PNM at a party with actives before bid day.

By: Ffffffffffffffffffggg
#3by:    

There were no agd actives..it was a bunch of girls who went to agd on pref and who all lived in Tut. My roommate went to that “party” and then didn’t get AGD. It wasn’t dirty rushing because a bunch of PNMs getting together to pray they get into AGD isn’t dirty rushing but it is pathetic.

By: Ohmygod

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Lainey   

I think a bigger question should be why was there a party there that night where pnms could even attend?

By: Lainey
by: @Lainey   

I’m OP of the comment you replied to.

There was a party because the PNMs assumed they’d be going to AGD. AGD had nothing to do with setting it up and not all of the girls who went to that party went AGD. Is it lame? Yes but it’s not like the AGDs orchestrated it.

By: @Lainey
by: bizarre   

@OP, this did not affect me because I am an active in a different house, but there should not have been any party with any pnms whether actives were present or not. The fact that pnms had the confidence to roll up on the AGD house pre bid day is odd. It is a bad look.

By: bizarre
by: @bizarre   

The party wasn’t at the AGD house, it was a bunch of girls praying in Tut. No actives, not every girl got in, and AGD didn’t arrange it.

By: @bizarre
#4by:    

I really do not care if someone has an advantage because we all know people do. We all know there is a "fix" for countless reasons and connections. If Panhel is going to allow this to go on then really the whole system of recruitment needs to change. No PNM should have to waste time going to any party where they have little to no chance of receiving a bid. It might be a social club and club membership is chosen by current members, but please don't feed me a line of bull when I have zero chance. Time to update recruitment big time and get out of the dark ages.

By: wakeup
by: fixed   

We did update recruitment, honey.

That's how the first round is now the videos instead of you having to go to every single house for what used to be called 'Ice Water Teas'. The first releases have always been decided before the first round and now you don't have to "waste time" going to houses where you "have zero chance".

That's also how the second round is now not clogged up with legacies that "have zero chance". Their mandatory invitation to the first round is a thing of the past for almost every sorority, so they don't "waste time" as well, and many more spots are now freed up for the PNM's that a sorority is actually interested in. Maybe one like you. If you are invited back to Philanthropy and/or Sisterhood, it's because a sorority is still looking at you for possible membership, and not feeding you a "line of bull". You will find out if you have a further chance by your schedule for the next round. That's the way they let you know.

And that's also how there aren't three Prefs anymore, because a third one was "a line of bull" for all concerned, and how there is Quota Plus to make sure that you won't end up without a bid after Prefs. A strictly rigid Quota and cross-cutting were real things that happened and there were no guarantees at all before Quota Plus, but now you are guaranteed a bid if you rank both your houses. An invitation to Pref only goes to PNM's that a sorority wants to extend bids to and the PNM's choices actually count in the membership selection.

This is how you aren't going to "waste time" like others used to, but as a PNM you have no idea what your chances are at a house. Ask any sorority member who didn't know a soul and got her first choice, or any who just knew where they were getting their bid but ended up shocked, for good or bad. You are in no position to decide on behalf of the sororities where you have a chance any more than a single sorority member or a handful of them can make a decision for an entire chapter.

Not getting exactly your way during recruitment is not panhellenic's fault or mean that recruitment is in "the dark ages". Your chances for a great recruitment have never, ever, been better.

By: fixed
#5by:    

Imagine being that excited to get into the very bottom Old Row house.

By: AGD
#6by:    

many parents know what the top 2 are for their daughter because they talk to them and can easily gather pins from friends, maybe legacy so have things already, other campuses with greek life close by and you can purchase and you can coordinate colors ... not rocket science... many parents do this it doesn't imply dirty rushing at all sad you jump to conclusions

By: what?
by: More   

15 Atlanta girls…. All in the same friend group and their parents are friends… “borrow” phi mu gear and post it the night before? They knew. It’s so obvious the moms are involved and we’re told.

Still, it’s a better outcome than the poor PNM who was bid-promised by KD, showed to bid day with KD written on her skin, and then wound up not getting in.

There is a TON of behind the scenes dirty rushing in OR, these are just the few you hear about.

By: More
#7by:    

Omg this is so funny! You really are trying to tell a pnm that recruitment has changed. Come on. We all know why videos started. Changing the number of parties hasn't made anything better for pnms either. Laughable. There is so much sketchiness going on both outside with family/friends and inside houses for recruitment. The sad thing is for a 17 or 18 year old many feel this is make it or break it that first year. It is only great if they have that connection(s). If they don't, they hold tight to see where the rush funnel takes them.
I would like to tell the pnms it is not the end of their college social circle, if it does not work out. What I will say is I am glad I don't have to go through the process again. It was pretty brutal and really not any easier on the other side.

By: truly
by: pnm   

there are so many houses at bama, is it really just the old row houses where a pnm needs connections to get a bid or is it the same for the more desirable new row houses too?

By: pnm
by: truly   

@pnm, don't worry. You can and will receive a bid if you follow the rules and maximize your opportunities. Rarely does a pnm not receive a bid.
This is talk about some of the shady things that do go on in sorority life.

By: truly
#8by:    

There is no possible way any parent or pnm could know 100% about a bid unless something sketch is going down. Sure, parents can have two different color outfits ready based on pref rankings, but to know exactly that means something definitely is going on outside of the house.

By: leza
#9by:    

I really still don't understand these parents all up in bid day colors anyway. Let your daughter experience her day.

By: lol
#10by:    

Nut up 🐿️ or shut up

By: hahahhaa

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.