facebook

most involved sorority

by:    

hi! i'm from tx and rushing next year. i know that once i join a house i want to be very involved in leadership, exec, sga, maybe panhellenic etc. i want to keep my eyes open for houses that are very supportive of those things and where older girls may guide me. i don't want to be in a party house or a house that doesn't care ab grades either. what would seem like a good fit for me? also, should i mention this to the girls i talk to during rush? thanks <3

Posted By: 24
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

You really can't plan out everything during recruitment. Be yourself. Put your best self forward. You will know what to mention and what not to mention. Don't worry so much.

By: caz
#2by:    

Most recent winners of top awards on campus have been Phi Mu, Alpha Gam, and alpha chi. Chi o is involved too. Most houses on campus have girls that are involved to some degree.

By: Hahahahahahahahahahah

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: thanks   

thanks! i'm a chi o and alpha chi legacy. will that help at all being that i'm from texas and don't know that many people going in bama?
also, do you think that me mentioning during rush that i want to be very involved is kinda presumptuous or is that ok?
roll tide!

By: thanks
by: ^   

Legacy really doesn't do much any more, but it certainly doesn't hurt to get that info to those chapters in recs. It is not at all presumptuous to say that you want to be involved but be prepared to back it up with the types of things you like to do and have experience in, and do say that you are hoping for a house that will help support/mentor you in those actvities. Remember, nobody can read your mind or between the lines, you have to tell them what's what in the time you are given.

By: ^
by: It’s double edged   

Be prepared though for the other side of legacy. Houses may drop you if they know you have that connection with those two under the assumption that you may pledge there. Sometimes it’s a disadvantage.

By: It’s double edged
by: ^^   

Just don't put your legacy status on the registration form and make sure your rec writers for other houses don't mention your legacy. But make sure your legacy houses do know through those recs.

By: ^^
by: PNM    

According to UA Panhellenic they only share your legacy status with that chapter so I understand there is no disadvantage to indicating legacy status during registration.

By: PNM
#3by:    

Leadership, top grades, involvement:
AXO
Alpha Gam
Phi Mu

By: houses you are asking for
by: PM   

Swap Phi Mu with Chi O. Chi O is third in grades behind Alpha Chi and Alpha Gam. And Chi O is way more involved on campus than Phi Mu. Everything from Capstone Women, SGA, XXXI, etc.

Phi Mu is a great house. I just wouldn’t consider them in the top three for grades and involvement. Maybe top 5 or 6.

By: PM
#4by:    

Aphi involves themselves a lot.

i'm pretty sure they give all their clothes away; you can tell by how little they wear around campus.

By: jessayin
#5by:    

These houses sound like they’d be great for you!
Alpha chi, alpha gam, chi o

Phi mu has great involvement as well—and so does pi phi from what I’ve seen. Any house is gonna have involved girls. Though, the houses that really push involvement and have supportive older girls to put things in place for you are the three listed above. They’re well known to be highly involved houses. Alpha chi and chi o also are known to have a balance with partying as well—not so much alpha gam. They’re known for mostly just grades & involvement. Still a wonderful house with a great sisterhood—and a handful of girls that do party.

By: Hiiiii
by: Hiiiii   

If you don’t want any partying— go alpha gam

By: Hiiiii
by: hill   

Why do people join for grades and involvement? You can do that without accepting a bid to a sorority.

By: hill
by: What??   

Because involvement, philanthropy, scholarship, and sisterhood are literally the basis for and the mission of every single sorority being founded. If your motivation for joining is to get blackout drunk and sleep with fraternity boys then save your money. Most any boy on campus will be happy to hook up regardless of sorority affiliation.

By: What??
by: because   

@hill being in a sorority brings opportunities and assistance to anything and everything on campus that being by yourself could never do. Sorority sisters are in your classes or have already taken your classes, so if you need help you have sisters to go to. If you are looking for a research or intern gig then there's a sister who can help connect you or knows someone who can. Sorority sisters are in, or know people in, every organization on campus. If you want to know the best study abroad program, or the best professor, or the best student org to join that matches what you need, there's a sister to help you out. Sure you can go it alone but everyone needs other people to really succeed. Now if you just want to come to school and party you don't need anyone to help you.

By: because
#6by:    

You really don't get to pick. The houses are really doing the choosing. But, you can get involved in any house.

By: .
#7by:    

so which is it? share legacy or don't?

By: need to know
#8by:    

AGD, XO and AXo

By: Most involved

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.