facebook

time to integrate

by:    

I am in one of the "traditionally white" sororities and am sick of the backward way The Machine is holding our system down. It is time for us to integrate. There are too many qualified black women on our campus to deny them membership. I hope the sororities are going to stand up to the pressure and pledge the most qualified women, regardless of race.

Posted By: Bama Sad
Page 1 of 3
#1by:    

How convenient to never have to deal with the subject of racism by blaming every comment on Mallet. Why would someone from Mallet even be on greek rank? They wouldn't.

The truth is that there are lots of actual sorority girls at Bama that feel like the original poster. All panhellenic sororities have African American members in other chapters, so it's no big deal. It's the 21st century, so we SHOULD be considering AA girls - and doing more than just considering.

And the IFC houses should be doing the same thing. The world is no longer segregated and we do ourselves a huge disservice when we don't hang out with and get to know AA people. We will be working with them after college and if we don't know how we're going to be passed over for jobs, promotions, etc.

By: convenient
by: hmmm   

YOU sound like the original poster...

By: hmmm
#2by:    

I think integration has improved the sisterhood in our house. It's really nothing to be afraid of or to dread. They are exactly like us once you get to know them.

By: true
by: OMG   

"They" are exactly like us? Did you really say that??

By: OMG
by: MJ   

Wow!

By: MJ
by: Agree   

I agree. Our sisterhood is better for it!

By: Agree
#3by:    

Go enjoys your daughter after all it Mothers day.

Get a life and get off our site, Crazy mom.

By: OMG
by: who?   

Who do you think is posting on here? I keep seeing your comments about people's mothers. All I can say is if you're a mother on here you're pretty weird. And if you think you know the identity of people posting you're even weirder.

By: who?
#4by:    

This fall will be a very different rush here.....mark my word.

By: J
by: RJ   

Have heard the administration has really put the pressure on for the fall to diversify the Greek system. One more year of press like last year and the OOS student population might dry up. UA cannot afford to have that happen.

By: RJ
by: Hey   

With all the money they throw at OOS kids, I truly doubt that. It would give the GDI professors more fuel for trying to run Greeks off campus.

By: Hey
#5by:    

Pretty obvious this is yet another attempt to stir up screaming. Did you not hear about the sorority houses that DID pledge black women last fall? This spring?

Why WOULDN'T Malleteers come here for fun? Or adults, or GDIs? It's a free site.

YES, we know it will be a different rush...but not THAT different. We welcome it.

Go back to the adult world now. Go pay your taxes.

By: Ossip
#6by:    

It may come as a complete surprise to the bubbas on here, but most of us are intelligent and social enough to recognize that "hotness" isn't the most important attribute that we look for in a girl.

By: well

Well said!

#7by:    

Can't wait to watch the news this fall.

By: Marc

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Can't wait for you to watch it, either. You KNOW they have all marked their calendars to photograph bid day and make sure the squealers are well peppered.

by: Guest   

It will be interesting...

By: Guest
#8by:    

Obviously you don't go to school here since nothing you say is correct and since sororities were already integrated a time ago...even "old row"

By: Sands
by: Kat    

Well, someone needs to let CNN know.

By: Kat
by: Yo   

And I'm sure you want to be the one to do it. But don't worry. They've got it on their calendar and they'll be here

By: Yo
#9by:    

Not sure what the machine has to do with this. Each sorority/fraternity has to answer to nationals.

By: JD
#10by:    

agreed!

By: Jake

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.