facebook

SAE allegations

by:    

So you’re telling me when SAE screws up one time they get blasted on GR for it but when ZTA and APhi are known to be the most rude, pretentious and stuck up sororities with the worst girls on campus who all love to predetermine the cliquey popular group and select the hottest girls for each incoming pledge class nobody says anything? Give me a break. If this happened ten years ago nobody would have batted an eye. Way to bring down the great glorious OR for a sliver of attention!

Posted By: Come on
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

ZTA and APhi get blasted on here all the time, but I'm pretty sure they never beat up a new member. If you offer a bid, that girl or guy is supposed to be someone you picked because you liked them and wanted them to be in your sister/brotherhood. New members don't need to be broken down to be made worthy or else you wouldn't have given the bid in the first place.

A little history: there was no such thing as hazing when fraternities were first founded. A bid was offered because a gentleman was already deemed deserving, and he pledged to the brotherhood and got initiated and that was that. Hazing didn't start until after WWI and it really ramped up after WWII. Why? Because guys were coming to college only AFTER having served active duty in wartime. They had joined the military right out of high school, and boot camp, combat training, survival skills and fighting for their lives was completely ingrained in them. That experience and mindset left an impression that continued when they left the service and then finally went to college. So these veteran soldiers brought the only culture they knew into their fraternities; that's how they had bonded with other men and the only way they knew to be with each other, so they directed their own military-type training onto new members and hazed them because of what they had been through in their military wartime experience. Except that discipline and training, while having the purpose of toughening them up to save their lives in wartime, was not exactly applicable or necessary to an academic environment, where the purpose was to develop scholars and gentlemen.

Hazing has gotten worse and worse over time because every sick guy likes to do one better than he got. It serves no purpose and makes no one better.

By: slivers
by: Not entirely true   

I hate how all of this gets blamed on veterans. Go to Hank Nuwer’s website. College students, prep school kids and Greek students haven been hazing each other long before the GI Bill. Stop perpetuating the idea lowly working class people getting military money to attend college contaminated the system. It contributed to it but the problem was already there.

By: Not entirely true
by: ^   

Hank Nuwer isn't the only one documenting the history of hazing. It has nothing to do with working class people but everything to do with it only taking one or two aggressive, cruel, sadistic guys in a group to lead the way. Those with military backgrounds significantly accelerated this culture when they began joining in much larger numbers after WWWII. It's a fact, and the term 'vereran' doesn't equate to 'saint'.

By: ^
#2by:    

Screws up one time? Are you kidding?
That freshman was one of your own- a well connected, Southern boy and he got beat so badly that he suffered from a serious brain injury that will affect him for the rest of his life. When you marry a SAE and raise his arrogant, privileged, short son, are you ok with him being hazed like this out of the love for all your traditional Southern values? I’m sure that pledge’s Southern mom sleeps well at night knowing these valued traditions continue in OR.

By: Are you being serious??
by: Louder for kids in back   

Preach!

By: Louder for kids in back
#3by:    

“Screwed up one time” they almost killed someone. Not at all comparable to some sororities having mean girls gtfo

By: be fr
#4by:    

OR mommies try not to make everyone about ZTA and APhi challenge!!

By: Bro
#5by:    

They have had their house suspended many times.

By: Not one time
#6by:    

This is the worst post I have ever read on here. Say this again in 5 years once your SAE bf/husband cheats on you with a ZTA

By: What's wrong with you?

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#7by:    

SAE is going to be destroyed once this makes it to court, the good ole network will not save them. Their national is going to crucify them.

By: Lawsuit
#8by:    

DONT REMOVE SAE FOR THEIR HONEST MISTAKES BECAUSE HAZING IS NORMALIZED AND EXPECTED ANYWAYS.
REMOVE APHI FOR THEIR HORRENDOUS BEHAVIOR BECAUSE NOBODY NEEDS THE BOTTOM HOUSE ANYWAYS!

By: #REMOVEAPHI2023
#9by:    

"but nearly killing someone isnt as bad as girls being mean to me :("

By: gtfo

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.