facebook

social suicide?

by: transfer

Hey y'all. I'm originally from Birmingham and decided to try and be independent my senior year and chose to go to an out-of-state school. Quickly I realized how stupid of a decision that was and I decided I would be transferring to Bama this fall. However, while away at school I was initiated into Gamma Phi, which was not a top house but definitely upper middle at my school. I've heard a LOT of mixed things about Gphi here at Bama and I am wondering if I would be better off affiliating with this chapter and being involved with Greek Life or just going independent?

Posted By: transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 2 of 2
#11  by: spareusall   

If your main motivation or concern for affiliating with this chapter is climbing the social ladder, then don't bother. An attitude like that isn't welcome in the Alabama Greek community.

By: spareusall
#12  by: hum...   

I probably wouldn't even transfer if I were you. We have more self-confidence here and a term like "social suicide" would seem more like a challenge to us. We would bless their little hearts and go in and make everything better. But that's just Bama's can do spirit. You sound a bit lacking the manners and spirit departments, so I can't see you making any improvements.

By: hum...
#13  by: hmm   

dont do it trust me

By: hmm
#14  by: I've    

Already let my friend who's a gamma phi about potential transfers so they don't make a mistake and affiliate someone like you. Regardless of tier, you should always be proud to wear your letters.

By: I've

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.