facebook

Ranks Do Not Matter on this Campus

by: Junior

I had to check this site out since the dumb documentary. Yikes, its more toxic than its ever been before and I have to believe that people that are now obsessed with the Bama Greek system are now participating in commenting here. The information and comments are so bad. I hope PNMs aren't really taking any of this as serious information about sororities or fraternities.

Unlike other campuses, sorority house ranks here DO NOT MATTER because every house is strong and active here. No house really has any problem getting members. This is not like some colleges where the Greek system is slowly dying so being in a top house matters in order to get the full Greek experience. Here, the number of PNMs that go through recruitment INCREASES every year. This means that ALL houses on this campus get quality girls...it's not limited to just the top houses.

I would also like to clear up another thing- your future house (no matter the rank on this stupid site), will give you a great experience and in every house you will:

1. Meet girls that will be your best friends forever and other girls that are annoying. There will be 350-400 girls in your house, you won't love all of them.

2. You will have rules as new member that you have to follow. All houses have rules for new members which will include attending meetings and sisterhood events, not wearing your letters in certain places, your appearance, your GPA requirements, paying your dues, social media posts, and pomping until you die during homecoming. Some houses are stricter about certain things than others. We all did it, you'll be fine. If you don't like rules about conduct, I don't think the Greek system is for you because every house cares about the reputation they are trying to maintain or, in some case, change.

3. Nobody cares about your letters once you accept a bid. I have friends in all the houses. I'm in a NR house that isn't ranked super high on GR and none of my friends in other houses care and I don't care what their letters are either. I have never had a problem getting into any fraternity party, getting asked to NOLA or other date parties, etc. If you are cute and fun, fraternity guys don't care.

4. You will have a ton of social opportunities in any house. Every house has sisterhood events, themed swaps with fraternities, date parties, homecoming pairings, etc. Every. Single. One. Any comments here that a certain house doesn't do this or that is total garbage. If you want to socialize and meet guys, you'll get that chance in every house.

5. All the houses are mansions and beautiful. SK is in the process of building its mansion because they are new on campus. Otherwise, comparing one mansion to another one is just stupid. Have you seen the sorority houses on other campuses? All of our houses are amazing. Live in your house if you get the chance.

6. Be yourself during recruitment and do not worry about the houses that release you. Focus on the houses that want you and are so excited to have you back each round. I fell in love with my house during the second round and it just kept getting better because it was clear to me that they really liked me too. I didn't even know about the ranks so I was clueless and that made for a great recruitment week. Remember that EVERYONE gets released from all the houses but one during the week; the timing of the releases just varies. Don't freak out. You will be ok.

Posted By: Junior
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 7
#1  by: This is good   

I hope PNM’s are seeing this! Especially #3, if anyone is thinking a top house will get them more attention from fraternity guys, think for a second about the 18-22 yr old guys you know. If you’re pretty, fun, and up for going out they do not care about your letters.

By: This is good
by: I wishJun 4, 2023 5:03:44 PM

I want to agree with you so bad because I wish it was this way. But a lot of guys actually do care. It’s the middle ranked fraternities that care because they want to be seen as being a top house with top house girls at their parties.

By: I wish
by: Another POVJun 5, 2023 4:08:15 PM

Sorry but this is not true. If you are not invited by the guys you wished you were… it might be an individual case and NOT because of ranks. Also it should not matter to you - your vibe attracts your tribe. Be confident and focus on people who want to be with you <3 you may find your true friends and not super shallow xyz

By: Another POV
by: What??Jun 5, 2023 11:03:46 PM

Dudes don’t care. Know a lot of guys in all different fraternities that I met in the dorms. They don’t care what house I’m in. I’m NR and many of them are OR. OMG. The scandal. Not.

Grow up.

By: What??
by: What??Jun 5, 2023 11:09:05 PM

Plus, if a guy was such a clout chaser that my house was the dealbreaker, you can totally have that guy. Honestly, a clout chasing dude? I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit thinking about what that dude is like. And, you’re right, there are a couple of dudes like that here but thankfully, not many.

By: What??
by: Good point.Jun 5, 2023 11:10:58 PM

Based on comments here, I guess they are all in the SAE and DKE house🤣🤣

By: Good point.
#2  by: So true   

Well said. There is the misconception that wearing certain letters automatically proclaim you as a 'top' girl, that you have been selected from the crowd as special or hot or whatever, because your letters say so, or that a different set of letters means you are 'lower', having been judged and found not as special, merely adequate, leftover, low-class, etc. Guess what, everybody's perception of you is about YOU AND NOT YOUR LETTERS. Your looks and personality and attitude toward others are always the things that get you noticed here, for better or worse. Your sorority affiliation does not come into it. "OMG look, here comes an XYZ!" does not happen here. There are plenty of 'top' girls in bottom houses and 'bottom' girls in top houses and everything in between. This is real life on campus. Not insta, not tiktok, not greekrank, not the way the outsiders, trolls, and $hit-stirrers say it is.

By: So true
by: Yep.Jul 7, 2023 9:55:26 PM

I agree. No one house dominates in any category.

By: Yep.
#3  by: Yes    

This is the truth. I’m friends with girls in different houses and ranks seriously don’t matter. Bumping.

By: Yes
by: Friends....Jun 5, 2023 11:37:44 AM

Some of my best friends are the ones I met at Tut my freshmen year. We are all in different houses and it doesn't really matter who is in what house. It is fun hearing how our houses differ....

By: Friends....
by: RanksJun 5, 2023 5:38:44 PM

No one cares about ranks there are so many great options

By: Ranks
by: !!!Aug 10, 2024 11:13:02 AM

yes this

By: !!!
#4  by: Bumping bump   

Bump.....

By: Bumping bump
by: BumperJun 5, 2023 12:58:30 PM

Bumping again

By: Bumper
#5  by: Bama facts   

Best post ever.

By: Bama facts
by: fdgdfgdfgdgfJun 6, 2023 11:59:40 PM

shut the ‎fu‎ck up you ret‎ar‎ded rat

By: fdgdfgdfgdgf
#6  by: time for truth    

Sorry but ranks matter. Have you ever seen a Theta at an SAE formal? Ever seen a Sigma Kappa at the DKE house? Ever seen a Kappa at a Lambda Chi party? Does Tri Delt swap with AKL?

Ranks matter. The only people that say they don’t matter are in bottom houses.

By: time for truth
by: Yikes. Jun 5, 2023 6:16:39 PM

You need serious help. Yes I have seen some combinations listed above. Stop creating drama.

By: Yikes.
by: LiesJun 5, 2023 6:26:11 PM

No you haven’t.

What you SHOULD be saying is “Yes, ranks matter in some situations. But ranks should NOT matter during rush. It’s most important that you find your people and a house where you feel comfortable.”

But lying to these PNMs acting like ranks mean NOTHING on campus is just wrong. Higher ranked houses do have more political pull, too. It’s about more than just parties.

By: Lies
by: OR boys not itJun 5, 2023 6:33:42 PM

SAE and DKE guys suck so…there’s that.

By: OR boys not it
by: Be FRJun 6, 2023 7:52:41 AM

So you know the house of every girl that goes to fraternity formals and date parties?

Under your logic, the guys decide the ranks based on who they ask to a date party. Are you that idiot from the documentary?

By: Be FR
by: ^Jun 7, 2023 11:29:34 AM

All our co@ktail dresses and formal gowns have our letters on them of course.

By: ^
by: Don't be stupidJun 7, 2023 6:10:20 PM

Under this date party logic, Aphi would be a top house here.

By: Don't be stupid
by: High school is over 4 usJun 7, 2023 6:13:40 PM

@time for the truth, you are clearly in 13th or 14th grade while the rest of us are college freshman, sophomores, juniors, etc.
If you know, you know.

By: High school is over 4 us
by: AlsoJun 16, 2023 7:02:16 AM

There are also girls in “top” houses with dates and boyfriends in low ranked houses.

It is true there are “trends and common house connections” and through recruitment certain houses get more “cute and fun” and girls with connections and old friends in certain fraternities.

But recruitment isn’t “perfect” and it’s the beginning of freshman year and people grow up and change. Also, no “real” person can be pigeon holed into the two-word stereotype of their house.

In the end “you” make the difference not your house or letters.

And you should run from those that think otherwise.

By: Also
by: truthJul 7, 2023 2:58:03 PM

Do you not understand the point of this thread? The few obsessed girls who rule a number of these "top tier" houses are SO shallow and snobby. Yuck. So juvenile. Thank goodness the majority of girls in greek life, at all the houses, are confident and friendly. Aren't you past the whole high-school-mean-girls thing?

By: truth
by: womp wompJun 25, 2024 10:54:27 AM

#1 something is seriously wrong with you

#2 i have met a dg at a snu date party. i know a theta dating an old row guy. i’ve met a phi mu at a dchi date party. i know a kappa who used to date a dsig. anything can happen!!

By: womp womp
by: Really??Jul 4, 2024 2:12:44 AM

Of course women from these houses attend these events. You may not know this because, shockingly, they don’t wear letters to formal events. You obviously need to think this to believe you are superior in some way. Get over yourself.

By: Really??
#7  by: Preach   

Could not agree more.
There are a handful of girls in some houses here that are miserable humans that believe they are better just because they are in a certain house but most of us just don’t have that vibe because we’re in college not high school.

By: Preach
by: AMEN!Jun 6, 2023 11:52:07 AM

Preach it sista! Couldn't agree more. Best post.

By: AMEN!
#8  by: yes   

The only true post on GR.

By: yes
by: TransparentJun 6, 2023 5:10:40 AM

My words exactly. The dramatic lies posted on this site and then you read this - it probably upsets the trolls.

By: Transparent
by: truthJun 8, 2024 2:16:16 PM

so true.

By: truth
#9  by: steph   

This post is true in many ways, but I will say that ranks do matter as well. It is a combo of both.

By: steph
#10  by: Say it louder   

So much truth.

By: Say it louder

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.