facebook

rec letters?

by:    

Hello everyone! I just wanted to ask about rec letters. Just so I can begin getting all the information together, what are the steps to having an alumni write a letter? What all needs to be included in the information sent to the alumni? I just want to be sure I have everything done right. Thank you!

Posted By: rush
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Each college is different with Rush.
I would look to see what houses are on campus find an alum for each house and have the alum submit the letter thru national. Then the letter will find its way to the house. Many houses have early cut offs. If you don't have high grades don't bother. Most top houses cut for grades 50% the first day.

By: Every college
#2by:    

Actually the process is the same for any college. You need a resume that lists your grades, class accomplishments, extracurricular activities (including church, outside volunteer work, jobs), honors, any scholarships. Add your parents' names. Was your mom in a sorority in college? List it...along with any other female relatives - relationship, sorority and college. You don't ahve to go all the way back to freshman HS year, just the last couple of years. Add your transcript and at least 1 photo with a clear view of your face - sororities use these to ID you. Make up a bunch of these packets.

You and your mom need to ask around to see who is a sorority alumna. Ask if they would please write you a rec. Keep track of these alums - sorority, name, address, ph - you don't want 8 recs for 1 sorority (but don't turn down somebody if they offer. When they agree to do so, give them a packet. They would appreciate a stamped envelope addressed to their sorority chapter at UA.

After a week or two, write a thank-you note to them. It will show you know your manners and will serve as a reminder to send off the rec.

Try to get two or three per chapter - that way if one of the alums forgets to send hers, you'll be covered.

And finally, if you cannot find an alumna for each sorority, DON'T WORRY. If they love love love you - and have time - they will do their best to find a rec for you (but don't count on that - 2,200 PNMs just don't leave enough time to find that many recs).
Best of luck

By: Logo
by: Not exactly.   

Many houses get stacks of mail even up to the day before and are unable to use them because they did not go thru National headquarters first. Each campus has pan hel guidelines like the one listed above but often that is not binding for all sororities.
If you are a legacy you must go thru that sororities national to make sure you are on the bigger radar.
Best of luck.

By: Not exactly.
#3by:    

By "rec letter" are we talking about a standard rec form or a personal letter of support? Are both needed?

By: Question

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Alum   

Most national houses put stock in Reference letters provided by their own alum. Afterall its only a piece of paper with information, so this is a way for them weed out the fakes and get to know you ahead of time. The whole process is huge. Thousands of girls and they are all trying to make an Impression. Years ago these letters made you stand out now it seems if you dont have at least one, you are not given a second look. Most important be yourself!
Be yourself and your charm will shine and the girls that matter will see the real you and offer an invitation back.

By: Alum

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.