facebook

new houses/dues

by: Pnm

From what I understand, the newer houses are raising dues for the chapters (makes sense). What sororities are affected by this (or will be in the next couple years)? Are the raises going to put costs out of the 3000-4500 range, or just put them towards the higher end?

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Logo   

New houses have to be paid for, so yes, costs will be out of the 3000-4500 range. ALL the houses will be building new or doing massive remodeling projects over the next 10 years.

Remember, that costs includes all the meals.Once they pledge, freshmen can convert to a minimal meal plan. Upperclassmen do not sign a meal contract at all. Everybody still has required dining dollars.

By: Logo
#2  by: Logo   

Sorry - I should have said "Upperclassmen do not HAVE to sign a meal contract."

By: Logo
by: SoApr 9, 2014 12:04:51 PM

Do you mean they don't have to pay for the sorority meal plan if they do not plan to eat there, or does every person have to pay for the sorority meal plan even if they aren't going to eat at the house?

By: So
by: NoApr 9, 2014 12:20:10 PM

Upperclassmen don't have to have a meal plan with the university. Your meal plan for your sorority is not separate from your dues--you can't choose not to pay it.

By: No
by: And Apr 9, 2014 12:21:20 PM

And why wouldn't you want to eat at the house? It's a good, homemade meal and it's a lot better than a dining hall. Believe me, when you get to UA you'll consider yourself lucky to not have to eat at lakeside every day.

By: And
by: ProbablyApr 9, 2014 12:59:13 PM

Because maybe she has her own apartment, refrigerator, and oven and can cook for herself? So then that's a waste of her utilities if she has to pay that much money so someone else can cook her food.

By: Probably
by: ^Apr 9, 2014 8:12:31 PM

You're obviously not in a sorority and don't attend UA. As a freshman, you have to live on campus so you don't have your own kitchen--you have a microwave and a refrigerator and I don't really know anyone who would prefer microwaveable mac and cheese to a really good, home cooked meal three times a day. And no, you cannot chose to not pay for meals at the sorority house. It's included in your dues no matter if you are a freshman or a senior or if you live in the house or not so you might as well eat there if you're paying for it.

By: ^
by: LesseeApr 9, 2014 11:10:45 PM

^ is right. You don't have to eat there, but you DO have to pay for it.

By: Lessee

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.