facebook

minorities

by: Rushee

I'm an Italian and Pakistani mix. I want to rush next year at Alabama. I've heard that sororities don't bid minorities at all. Is that true?

Posted By: Rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: no and this is   

boring

By: no and this is
#2  by: Not true   

That is absolutely not true. Please don't believe everything you read on the internet.

By: Not true
by: yeah...Mar 30, 2014 9:47:26 PM

uh no it's literally true.

By: yeah...
by: ^Mar 30, 2014 10:40:10 PM

People like you literally make me sick. As a member of a sorority here, I can guarantee that minorities will be fine.

By: ^
#3  by: lame   

Either way OP, like I said, you're totally fine. Don't worry about it. I obviously offended some in denial libs and now your thread is derailed.

By: lame
#4  by: idiot   

I'm actually half white half Hispanic from Cincinnati and a Sophomore at alabama. Thanks

By: idiot
by: lameMar 31, 2014 9:19:41 PM

if you are, then I don't understand why you're so butthurt by acknowledging the reality of alabama sorority recruitment

By: lame
#5  by: What   

Somebody took the lock off the trolls' corral last night.

By: What
#6  by: I dont go here but..   

I am a member of a sorority at another prominent school in the south. If the people posting hateful things on here are even greek, y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. I am ashamed to call you my fellow Greeks. I'm white and let me tell you, there are a TON of women of color that are more "pretty" then I am. If you seriously think that skin tone is more important than someone's character, I truly feel sorry for you because you are depriving yourself of getting to call amazing people your brothers/sisters. Get off your high horses and grow up.

Oh and a true southern belle/southern gentleman treats everyone with a high level of respect no matter who they are or where they are from. Quit giving Greek life and the whole dang south a bad name.

By: I dont go here but..
#7  by: What a coincidence   

My friend is in Pi Phi and she's Italian and Pakistani, too. You will be fine as long as your grades, etc. are good. People try to over exaggerate the whole race thing when it really isn't true. If you're nice and friendly, we'd love to have you!

By: What a coincidence
#8  by: Guest   

There will be plenty of bids going out to minorities this fall. Trust me. All sororities have been warned. UA is certainly not known as an academic powerhouse and now the administration does not want the same publicity as last year.

By: Guest

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.