facebook

spring teas

by:    

Are getting invites to spring teas a good thing or do they just pick random girls? How does that work? I got some and I feel bad because I cant go.

Posted By: pnm
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Please don't come on here and try to get people to validate you and tell you that you're doing tell or that people want you. While getting invited to spring teas is nice, in the long run it doesn't guarantee you a bid or even a second glance during recruitment.

By: Please
#2by:    

True they don't guarantee anything, so don't stress either way. Don't try to get your advice from this site.

By: ^^^^

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
#3by:    

I think her concern was more along the lines of "I can't go, so I want to know if the invite has huge importance or if it will hurt my chance with them if I can't make it." I didn't read any search for validation.
Don't worry about it OP. Life goes on regardless of the Greek system and sororities understand that. Also...what number 2 said!

By: @ "Please"
by: Of    

Of course they don't just invite random girls! That is a stupid question to ask and that is what I found to be a statement of trying to seek validation. You would literally have to be stupid to think that we would invite random girls to the teas instead of girls that we are interested in/already know. The point of teas is to get girls that we are interested in to like us more. At this point most groups have narrowed down to under 700 girls who they are really interested.

By: Of
#4by:    

I got invited back to a lot of teas, but I'm pretty sure it's only because I went to preview weekend. I didn't register for rush until May and I'm from the North, so it's not like these girls were inviting me because they knew anything about me. If you get invited though and didn't do preview, or if you're invited to an Old Row tea, then I would assume that probably has more meaning then.

By: Random
by: If   

If you go to preview weekend, I guarantee that we know who you are.

By: If
#5by:    

Not a deal breaker if you can't go.

By: So

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.