facebook

integration?

by:    

Okay, sororities were forced to integrate last year. Why on earth wouldn't the fraternities just integrate as well to avoid another scandal? It was already an embarrassment to have one race scandal, but it seems to me in the YEAR 2014 Alabama should be doing everything they can to avoid another and go ahead an integrate ALL of Greek life. Am I missing something?

Posted By: Doesn't make sense
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

Given in to demands, accept public pressure, going with the majority, follow the path of least resistance... these are all phrases I take from your statement above.

By: no
#2by:    

People don't want SGA or whoever telling them who they have to give bids to. It's really as simple as that. Membership selection is considered by sororities and fraternities as chapter business--which means that no one who isn't a member can know the reasoning behind taking someone or not. That also goes for telling them who they have to give bids to. I am for the integration, and I am part of an integrated sorority. However, let us work towards righting the wrongs ourselves--not make us use some type of affirmative action. That ruins the whole process of recruitment.

By: People
#3by:    

Not bidding someone because of race is the same as bidding someone because of race. Both are wrong. Fraternities should bid on personality

By: Still
#4by:    

Guys are only gonna do it if the girls demand it. Guys are sheeple.

By: Quatro
#5by:    

What is so silly about all this fuss is that there are black members of every IFC fraternity. Not at their Alabama chapters, but they do exist and in large numbers. Also, my dad's fraternity is meeting this year to decide what to do with their Alabama chapter because they think they're not following their national no discrimination guidelines. I don't know about the others, but there might be changes put in place by nationals. There are a lot of fraternity traditions that have changed through the years thank goodness. Maybe this will be one.

By: Hey

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.