facebook

legacies?

by:    

How much more consideration do legacies get? Especially for a sorority that's traditionally known as "top tier"?

Posted By: ?
Page 1 of 1
#1by:    

It'll probably take you to round 2 but after that for most houses that's where it ends

By: well
by: yeah   

That's about right. You probably won't get dropped first or second round, but they'll definitely start looking at your personality after that. I don't think any sorority gives legacies automatic bids. They want you to actually fit in.

By: yeah
by: Okay   

Alrighty thank you!

By: Okay
#2by:    

i am a legacy at an old row house and preffed there but ended up accepting a bid else where. However I know a lot of girls who were dropped first round by the houses they are legacies in.

By: lalala

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Thank you   

Thank you girl who doesn't go here... All houses are required to extend legacies back a courtesy invite to at least second round..

By: Thank you
by: Uh   

Not necessarily.
If you don't have the grades, your legacy sorority may drop you immediately so you know the score and consider other groups. Especially if they're top tier and they have their choice.

Remember, a lot of these chapters could fill their NM classes with in-house legacies three times over. So legacies only have a tiny advantage, and that advantage pretty much disappears after Round 1.

By: Uh
#3by:    

Legacies are only required to be asked back to second round then you're on your own. Trust me, some of the girls who came through preview acted so entitled and rude and blurted out the only reason they're here is that their mother was a so and so or their sister was this.. be excited for rush but don't be overconfident. Maximize your options because people don't realize just because you're considered legacy doesn't mean they've got a bid for you. A lot of girls will be really surprised when they open that bid card and its not what they wanted because their legacy house dropped them and so did everyone else because of their bad attitude.

By: legacy
by: True   

And if you are a legacy at another house, don't go around blurting it to every house. During preview, I had a girl who acted snobby and entitled and she was a kappa legacy. Needless to say, she's no longer on our radar because of this. Be mindful.

By: True
by: Snotty   

applies to legacies and non-legacies. the old biddies know whose been a jerk through high school and whose been nasty to one of our family members. Like "I'm SO popular and everybody LOVESSSSSS me". We share with our alumni family members. A no rec in one house can mean a no rec in the other houses where cousins, nieces, and sister-in-laws are actives or alumni.

By: Snotty

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.