facebook

best new row sorority?

by:    

I'm from the north so from what I've been hearing from friends and people I know at bama, old row is pretty much out of the question. What is the best new row sorority here??

Posted By: rusher
Page 1 of 2
#1by:    

ZTA. I would say they might be better than Alpha gam which is old row...Pi phi is pretty good too.

By: my opinion

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
by: Close   

I'd say Pi Phi is better than Zeta. But no new row houses are really better than old row, it's just a Bama thing. Even if you're from the north, if you have a good personality, good grades, and great recs you can get in almost anywhere

By: Close
by: no pi phi   

^^^stop fooling yourself pi phi sucks

By: no pi phi
#2by:    

Can you really not get in old row from the north ?

By: Oh
by: hahah   

nope, not unless you know someone and they by chance love you

By: hahah
by: Maybe   

I'm from the north and I'm Old Row

By: Maybe
#3by:    

Can. Things aren't as strict as they used to be, most have girls from the North now

By: You
#4by:    

I'm from the north....I'm a freshman... And I prefed 2 old row and 1 new row.... I chose new row bc I felt more comfortable. Best decision for me

By: Untrue
#5by:    

The only house that's probably out of the question is KD. Other than that, most old row will still consider you. But to answer your question, I'd say ZTA is top new row, followed by pi phi and maybe adpi?

By: katie
by: DDD   

Tri Delt will be hard to get into, harder than KD.

By: DDD
by: Eww   

ADPi is the bottom of old row and Pi Phi has sucked a lot in recent years. I'd say ZTA or AOII

By: Eww
#6by:    

Fraternities are going to be forced to accept outsiders next year or get serious negative media attention, which fraternity leadership won't want. all will be open for you

By: .
by: huh   

Doubtful and wishful thinking on your part.

By: huh
#7by:    

You will be happier in a new row house.

By: :-)
#8by:    

ZTA, ADPi or PiPhi

By: bu
by: WRONG   

Why does ADPi self rank so HARD??

By: WRONG
#9by:    

Just rush and find out which houses you like best. You will find a house you fit in at. The above comment a girl from up north wrote about feeling more comfortable in a new row sorority is very accurate. DDD will be very hard to get Into, and KD might be almost as difficult. There are a very select few girls from up north in both(few as in single digits), however these girls had strong family ties in the south. There is probably bias against girls from up north in both of those sororities, as well as the other old row houses, however many northern girls seem to prefer new row houses too. Don't worry though, just rush and enjoy the process. You will find a sorority that is perfect for you!

By: Just rush...
#10by:    

It is true that every house has girls from out of state, but if you aren't deeply southern, you may be happier and find more people that are also new to Alabama (from everywhere, not just the north) in sororities like Alpha Phi, GPB, DG, or maybe DZ. All of these have a wide variety of girls from all over the country, and are not tied to a whole lot of legacy that some deeply southern houses are. Like I said you can find girls from everywhere in almost any house, but there seem to be more in these. Of course each one has a different personality so rush and see where you fit best!

By: To add

Before you type:  Please do not post individual names, defaming content, or spam. Remember, cyber bullying can be considered a crime.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.